I could use a little help with target analysis for OCW

I'm just curious how far of a distance your planning on pushing the 68s.
Your getting 1" groups at 200 yards.... so my question is. At this point is the crony info that important?
I only get past 200 yards when I shoot NRA highpower SR . Iron sights and a big target.
My current load is 75gn A max and or 75gn hornady match. Both I can shoot from the rest to .8-1"
I really didn't go much beyond that load as I'm shooting positions, with iron sights and fading eyes.
I might try F class if they hold reduced distance matches (600) in 2016

Was hoping to go 500-600.

According to the calculators the 100FPS ES will cause .8 MOA in vertical stringing between the fastest and slowest rounds at 500yds, and about 1 MOA at 600yds.

Was hoping to go 500-600.

According to the calculators the 100FPS ES will cause .8 MOA in vertical stringing between the fastest and slowest rounds at 500yds, and about 1 MOA at 600yds.
Its funny in a way "my" mind says with that kind of number im more worried about wind.
A little 10mph cross wind will push your bullet ....what 40" @ 600yrs?
I'm horrible at reading wind....I get out to 600 yd 3 times a year.

Hoon, just wondering how this load went and if you have tried different seating depths ?
I'm getting out tomorrow to test. I'm trying a new powder so I'm going to do my best to take my time II have a 2.5 hour window to take advantage of. I also have to dial in my zero bit on my AR match rifle.

Hoon, just wondering how this load went and if you have tried different seating depths ?
I'm getting out tomorrow to test. I'm trying a new powder so I'm going to do my best to take my time II have a 2.5 hour window to take advantage of. I also have to dial in my zero bit on my AR match rifle.

I've played around a little but haven't seen any improvement. It seems to be very happy about .005" off the lands.

I'm testing with TAC today, we'll see what happens. Also testing a few of the 24.6gr Varget loads with a light "factory" crimp to see if i can stabilize the velocity.

I've played around a little but haven't seen any improvement. It seems to be very happy about .005" off the lands.

I'm testing with TAC today, we'll see what happens. Also testing a few of the 24.6gr Varget loads with a light "factory" crimp to see if i can stabilize the velocity.
Tomorrow I'm trying AR comp , I did pick up a lb of TAC to try also. I loaded up just a few test loads to try in my service rifle. I hope to see Varget back soon in quantity for now I will test a few different powders and see what's in stock in a few weeks.
I'm shooting out of my AR so other than my varmint gun I don't have a,lot to play with as far as bullet seating depth. Varmint gun I can go long with single loading. So far it looks like the wylder chamber and match bullets like to jump.

I had a guy with an AR-10 .308 and a brake on the end right beside me so i rushed things a bit...not my best shooting but it didn't matter.

My average 3 shot group with TAC was about .70 MOA @ 200, with the best being .58 MOA.

My average 5 shot group with Varget was .499 MOA in previous testing and .44 MOA with my final load today.

Varget is substantially more accurate with this bullet/rifle combination.

Back
Top Bottom