I continue to hope the NRA will regain its sanity

Who is this mushroom?

"Peter Rice of New Castle is a self-described Liz Cheney R"

They should expel this guy from the NRA.

Completely omits , "the right of the people," except to lump them in with the "well regulated militia".

So many interpretations is what is defined as "Madness".

"It's astounding how how many gun owners wrap themselves in the Second Amendment, which reads, “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

"Two questions come to mind; what defines a well-regulated militia and what kind of arms? In the 18th century, a well-regulated militia had a clear meaning: states had a right to organize armed citizens for the common defense. At that time, states did regulate individual gun ownership and local and state authorities frequently confiscated guns form persons they deemed a menace to public safety or simply disloyal. In reference to types of arms, assault type weapons i.e. AR-15s are pushing the envelope, but what's next? Rocket and grenade launchers? Yes, the latter are not available on the open market but are in all probability through other sources."

Every allegedly pro-2A organization has firearm prohibitionists in its ranks. Same with forums, like this one. Similarly, the military appears to be rife with civilian disarmament enthusiasts. With regard to the OP, there are plenty of better organizations.

He doesn't know his history or how 2A has been interpreted. "Well-regulated" meant "well-supplied". In order for the people of the various states to be well-supplied so that the people (not the governments of the states) could form militias to protect against the tyranny of the government, 2A gives the people the right to to keep and bear arms. That, I believe, is the fundamental point of the 2A. SCOTUS later also interpreted 2A to mean the right to arm yourself for self-defense purposes, which is a natural right. And all this is pure "common sense" given the entire genesis of the American revolution. I mean, it's pretty basic and obvious. But of course if you think guns are icky then you have a strong desire to interpret the plain meaning of 2A (as it was meant to be interpreted by the founders) in a manner that serves your own agenda. The irony is that even if the Constitution was amended to permit states to ban firearm ownership, bans just don't work. The war on drugs is a great example, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. People will get what they want regardless of bans. As such, the government should focus on the reasons why people commit violent crimes, regardless of the instrument that might be used (note: hands and knives and other objects dwarf gun use in violent crimes according to the FBI stats). If I recall, a few years back NPR of all places interviewed some community and social welfare workers from Chicago and they emphasized the need to deal with the underlying issues that create an environment for violence (poverty, lack of economic opportunity, education, etc.) and not guns. But politicians focus on guns b/c they are an easy vote getter.

Last edited:
I'm telling you one day we are going to find out that Wayne and his gang are all on the Bloomberg payroll and intentionally tossing gun owners under the bus for sh*ts and giggles. I don't trust them one bit and that ahole LaPierre just keeps getting put back in. Insane.

He doesn't know his history or how 2A has been interpreted. "Well-regulated" meant "well-supplied". In order for the people of the various states to be well-supplied so that the people (not the governments of the states) could form militias to protect against the tyranny of the government, 2A gives the people the right to to keep and bear arms. That, I believe, is the fundamental point of the 2A. SCOTUS later also interpreted 2A to mean the right to arm yourself for self-defense purposes, which is a natural right. And all this is pure "common sense" given the entire genesis of the American revolution. I mean, it's pretty basic and obvious. But of course if you think guns are icky then you have a strong desire to interpret the plain meaning of 2A (as it was meant to be interpreted by the founders) in a manner that serves your own agenda. The irony is that even if the Constitution was amended to permit states to ban firearm ownership, bans just don't work. The war on drugs is a great example, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. People will get what they want regardless of bans.

He has feelings, Marge. And feelings matter!!!!!! [rofl] [rofl]

They just re-elected Wayne. Things will not change
Yup and when they had to gall to send me mail at my new address I put it all back into the envelope they provided with the message when he’s gone I’ll come back.
GOA, SAM and GOME get money. Over my dead body I will not be paying to clean Wayne’s suits. Eff him and that entrenched board.

Yup and when they had to gall to send me mail at my new address I put it all back into the envelope they provided with the message when he’s gone I’ll come back.
GOA, SAM and GOME get money. Over my dead body I will not be paying to clean Wayne’s suits. Eff him and that entrenched board.

I got a donation letter today and it went straight into the shredder.

I am sorry this organization is ineffective to most gun owners and useless when it comes to
Massachusetts. The only thing it has going for it is training credentials other then that they are useless and I don't care if I have to pay more to renew my training credentials I won't pay for a useless membership that dosent represent my firearms position I am not a FUDD

I am sorry this organization is ineffective to most gun owners and useless when it comes to
Massachusetts. The only thing it has going for it is training credentials other then that they are useless and I don't care if I have to pay more to renew my training credentials I won't pay for a useless membership that dosent represent my firearms position I am not a FUDD
We do need to keep propping them up as a bogey man for the left while real orgs do the work tho.

I had a liberal tell me they f***ing hate the nra blah blah blah

Inside I'm like shit me too

We do need to keep propping them up as a bogey man for the left while real orgs do the work tho.

Ya. The proper reply could have been yes, the NRA does suck but GOA is the no compromise rights group. They are much more to the right.

Watch their head explode. 😂

I'm telling you one day we are going to find out that Wayne and his gang are all on the Bloomberg payroll and intentionally tossing gun owners under the bus for sh*ts and giggles. I don't trust them one bit and that ahole LaPierre just keeps getting put back in. Insane.

IMHO they are borderline controlled opposition at this point.

Imagine summing yourself up as a "Liz Cheney Republican"? [laugh]
Meh.

I'm the kind of person you would denigrate as a RINO. I'm closer in my beliefs to Liz Cheney than to our former president. But I also believe that the 2nd Amendment means what it says -- shall not be infringed. Don't conflate political leanings with 2nd Amendment views, and the NRA is something else entirely -- it is a corrupted organization.

As for the NRA, that is Wayne LaPierre's personal piggybank. It isn't going to change until and unless 1) entire leadership changes and 2) board makeup changes from 50+ celebrities with no power to 6 smart, dedicated people who have power over the leadership. That won't happen in my lifetime.

I'm the kind of person you would denigrate as a RINO. I'm closer in my beliefs to Liz Cheney than to our former president.
giphy.gif

The NRA is the big baddie as far as lefty loons are concerned. I bet if you asked 100 shit libs to name one gun rights organization besides the NRA, not one person could do it.

For that reason alone it’s worth sending them $30 a year. I don’t need a hundred guys quoting and replying to this, because I know they are far from perfect. I get it.

As long as the left hates them, they should be supported along with groups that more align with your beliefs. the NRA bashers and donation refusers are counter productive to the cause.

The NRA is the big baddie as far as lefty loons are concerned. I bet if you asked 100 shit libs to name one gun rights organization besides the NRA, not one person could do it.

For that reason alone it’s worth sending them $30 a year. I don’t need a hundred guys quoting and replying to this, because I know they are far from perfect. I get it.

As long as the left hates them, they should be supported along with groups that more align with your beliefs. the NRA bashers and donation refusers are counter productive to the cause.
That's how i feel

I give my money to the organizations like Comm2A and FPC which are effectively fighting for our rights. I'm a life member of the NRA but I won't give them another dime until and unless LaPierre is out. I think my money will do more good with those organizations than the NRA.

Meh.

I'm the kind of person you would denigrate as a RINO. I'm closer in my beliefs to Liz Cheney than to our former president. But I also believe that the 2nd Amendment means what it says -- shall not be infringed. Don't conflate political leanings with 2nd Amendment views, and the NRA is something else entirely -- it is a corrupted organization.

As for the NRA, that is Wayne LaPierre's personal piggybank. It isn't going to change until and unless 1) entire leadership changes and 2) board makeup changes from 50+ celebrities with no power to 6 smart, dedicated people who have power over the leadership. That won't happen in my lifetime.

Except that Liz Cheney is worse than being a rino, she's a corrupt piece of human garbage.

"bweah bweah january six bweah bweah" what a f***ing oxygen thief, she needs to get a life.

It's funny because I used to make fun of Arlen Sphincter. Arlen Specter was way more of a moderate than she ever was. The main thing I was pissed at him at was he didnt show up for
the AWB vote- he could have killed the 94 AWB dead in the water but the f***er chose not to show up.

Basically saying.....your a loser and not in touch with the real world.
Imagine thinking being a RINO is an acceptable position? Their job is to slow down the dems, not to stop them in anyway. Basically he's fine with communism taking over after he's gone from here.

Back
Top Bottom