I can't believe this

shotgunwilly870

NES Member
My dad Went into the Weymouth police station to drop off his paperwork to renew his Ltc, he had all the paperwork with him to drop off and the licensing officer said he will have to make an appointment to do so,causing him to miss the "grace period" I cannot believe somebody can be such an a**h***! what is wrong with people! this guys been known for shit like this,I'm glad I don't live in that town anymore and I'm sorry for you law abiding citizens that do ,you won't get an unrestricted Ltc your first time or even ever depending on how he likes you.

My dad Went into the Weymouth police station to drop off his paperwork to renew his Ltc, he had all the paperwork with him to drop off and the licensing officer said he will have to make an appointment to do so,causing him to miss the "grace period" I cannot believe somebody can be such an a**h***! what is wrong with people! this guys been known for shit like this,I'm glad I don't live in that town anymore and I'm sorry for you law abiding citizens that do ,you won't get an unrestricted Ltc your first time or even ever depending on how he likes you.

One city/town will not let you renew more than 30 days before your expiration date. This automatically forces you to go beyond your expiration date into the grace period.

Just about all cities/towns do their apps/renewals on the PC now so the days of "dropping off paperwork" are mostly gone.

My license expires during the hunting season and I tried to get it renewed earlier because of that and I was told to "stock up the needed ammunition" as you can't buy it with an expired license in Mass.

I suspect that it is more common than we realize.

Bob

I got a letter in the mail saying I had to renew my restricted LTC soon because it was going to expire. I checked and it doesn't expire till around 2016... I think they just wanted my money. [shocked] What's up with the high costs to exercise this "right?"

That's like getting letters in the mail from a car dealership saying that your car should be due for an oil change, or some kind of maintenance. GTFO of my mailbox.

If you find yourself in this position (assuming you didn't wait until the day before your LTC expired), I would contact all of the people who purport to represent you at the town/city and state level and GOAL. This is not a new problem and it has an old solution - politics.

People in politics get away with whatever the sun can't reach.

Last edited:
If you find yourself in this position (assuming you didn't wait until the day before your LTC expired), I would contact all of the people who purport to represent you at the town/city and state level and GOAL. This is not a new problem and it has an old solution - politics.

People in politics get away with whatever the sun can't reach.

Yup. It will get worse before it gets better.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

I don't like having to have a license in the first place, but since I have to have one you would think they would make it as easy as possible so you would rather be complying with the law then not.

But with this crap its like they force people to brake the law and no one will respect a law that they can't understands . My two cents

Last edited:
My dad Went into the Weymouth police station to drop off his paperwork to renew his Ltc, he had all the paperwork with him to drop off and the licensing officer said he will have to make an appointment to do so,causing him to miss the "grace period".

Wasn't Jesse Cohen supposed to be meeting with the Weymouth chief about this? Maybe he can shed some light on this with the results of that meeting.

My dad Went into the Weymouth police station to drop off his paperwork to renew his Ltc, he had all the paperwork with him to drop off and the licensing officer said he will have to make an appointment to do so,causing him to miss the "grace period"

Many don't know this, but you only get a grace period if your renewal application has been submitted before the expiration date on your current LTC.
If your application goes in after your current LTC expires, you legally have NO license at all, therefore you cannot have any guns or ammunition in your possession.

Yeah the Red Town Express doesn't come up in a search anymore? Funny, [tinfoil]

Status Quo for Weymouth. He is also buddy buddy with that POS that owns Hunters Trading Post.

So he called to make his appointment and he told him he can drop off the paperwork almost exactly 7 days from when he was there! Who's breaking the law here? his birthday is tomorrow and didn't think this would be an issue if he was allowed to drop off the papers today, but now he will be forced to be unlicensed for a week how is this ok?

So he called to make his appointment and he told him he can drop off the paperwork almost exactly 7 days from when he was there! Who's breaking the law here? his birthday is tomorrow and didn't think this would be an issue if he was allowed to drop off the papers today, but now he will be forced to be unlicensed for a week how is this ok?

He should be real careful of this. Maybe even have you hold his firearms for him, or something along those lines.

At the very least, I would have your dad bring a letter & have the LO sign & date it, indicating that he TRIED to get the ball rolling BEFORE his license expired.

^this is 100% what I would do in that situation so that you have a paper trail showing that you exercised good faith in trying to comply with the law.

I thought I saw that he pulled the thread after it was found out it was 'being monitored'.

In regards to the issue at hand, "Massachusetts, making one criminal at a time, the old fashioned way, by paperwork"

When I moved to my current home, I stopped by the PD and inquired about LTC issuance, requirements, and restrictions. If they had been anything other than 'green' I wouldn't have made an offer on the house.

Back
Top Bottom