I am one of the best losers!!!

Today our friend Scrivener had invited me to the 0.22 rimfire pistol competition to his gun club. I was not trying to win (simply because my chances was not so great[wink]), but certainly had a lot of fun missing the targets [rofl] My fancy Russian Olympic gun, IZH-35 aka Bobby, for some reason was not too cooperative, so Scrivener offered me to use his Ruger. I ended up winning one of the "loser shoots" and went home with a prize: a pretty large steak. [cheers]
Thank you Scrivener!!![kiss]

Wait, I'm confused. Your talking about our Scrivener????? He was, um, eh, "NICE" to you????? [shocked] I'm not buying it. I want video! [wink]

Oh and congrats!

Last edited:
Congrats, Yelena! Wish I'd thought to check The Outdoor Message; could have come down for the shoot. [thinking]

Wait, I'm confused. Your talking about our Scrivener????? He was, um, eh, "NICE" to you????? [shocked] I'm not buying it.
*sigh* How many times to I have to keep repeating it? Keith is a nice guy!

He's just a bit testy online occasionally.

Congrats, Yelena! Wish I'd thought to check The Outdoor Message; could have come down for the shoot. [thinking]

*sigh* How many times to I have to keep repeating it? Keith is a nice guy!

He's just a bit testy online occasionally.

I know Ross. I've shot with him a number of times at Hopkinton. Just joking around with his NES street rep. [rolleyes]

Even though I am not a member... you do all realize this could upset the balance of the Scrivener tough love fan club social group resulting in a drastic time/space change. [shocked]

Today our friend Scrivener had invited me to the 0.22 rimfire pistol competition to his gun club. I was not trying to win (simply because my chances was not so great[wink]), but certainly had a lot of fun missing the targets [rofl] My fancy Russian Olympic gun, IZH-35 aka Bobby, for some reason was not too cooperative, so Scrivener offered me to use his Ruger. I ended up winning one of the "loser shoots" and went home with a prize: a pretty large steak. [cheers]
Thank you Scrivener!!![kiss]

Congrats

Even though I am not a member... you do all realize this could upset the balance of the Scrivener tough love fan club social group resulting in a drastic time/space change. [shocked]
World's smallest violin, playing just for the tough love fan club.
violin.gif

In the interests of being Politically Correct and mindful of the needs, or at least feelings, of non-winners, we no longer refer to such events as "loser shoots." Henceforth, these will be known as:

Alternate Empowerment Activities for the Success-Challenged.

Camomille and crying towels will be provided.

In the interests of being Politically Correct and mindful of the needs, or at least feelings, of non-winners, we no longer refer to such events as "loser shoots." Henceforth, these will be known as:

[laugh2][rofl]

Very fine! [smile]

Out-freaking-standing![laugh]

I think the way you called it in order to inspire me to win was a little better... [rofl][rofl][rofl] Thanks for a nice laugh, dear Equal Opportunity Abuser!!![grin]

Yelena it was a pleasure to have you at one of our shoots.

I hope you had a good time , You seemed to not mind a little ribbing from our fellow members , i just wished we had more female shooters. We used to have a woman who shot black powder rifle with an incredible custom made Kentucky rifle . Hope to see you agian .

Yelena,
How do you like your IZH 35? I wish they were available in MA. I think it would be a good step up for me in Bullseye competition. Has anyone ever seen or know one of these for sale in MA?
Thanks

Yelena,
How do you like your IZH 35? I wish they were available in MA. I think it would be a good step up for me in Bullseye competition. Has anyone ever seen or know one of these for sale in MA?
Thanks

Honestly, I don't have a clear opinion on this gun. First of all, because this is the first and so far the only rimfire 0.22 pistol I own, I can't compare it with anything. It seems to be pretty accurate when I practice at the range, and I think that the gun is doing its part better than I do mine. There are two problems I see. First, this is a heavy pistol. I simply can't hold it still for a long time. Second, it sometimes jams rounds or fails to shoot.
If you wish to try it, you are more than welcome to. Just fire me a PM, and we will figure out the time to meet. I know that availibility of those pistols is limited, as they are not exported from Russia any more.

Yelena,
Thanks

After honing your skills with a Ruger, the S&W 41 is a popular next step. Up from that are the euro guns like Yelena's that have a much different grip angle as well as various adjustments in grip and trigger distance and pull. Hard to find here; but I saw Yankee Artifacts has a Benelli for sale. I picked one up myself after last season and will be using it for Riverside this winter.

-= chuck

Yelena it was a pleasure to have you at one of our shoots.

I hope you had a good time , You seemed to not mind a little ribbing from our fellow members , i just wished we had more female shooters. We used to have a woman who shot black powder rifle with an incredible custom made Kentucky rifle . Hope to see you agian .

Thank you!!! I am always glad to come for a nice shooting event.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom