Hunting season end?

SKS Ray

NES Member
When does Massachusetts deer hunting season end? Only reason why I'm asking is because this time of year the ranges are usually filled with people sighting in rifles. I know once the season is winding down, they're usually pretty scarce and the range is pretty much dead untill the first break of warm weather in the spring. My favorite time of year because I usually have the whole range to myself except for the occasional die hard milsurp shooters. [grin]

The Massachusetts deer season ends at the end of the year.

Archery until 11/25.
Shotgun ( and archery) 11/27 - 12/9
Muzzle Loader ( and archery) 12/11-12/30

you can shoot Coyotes with a rifle.

NH rifle season is November.

Lots of MA folks hunt in "free states" and thus sight in their rifles before heading out on their hunt.

Luckily we don't have a law . . . yet . . . prohibiting MA Residents from hunting in other states!

Lots of bolt action Remingtons and Winchesters, black powder, and shotgun shooters all seem to come out of the woodwork this time of year. While I get a long with pretty much everybody at the range where I shoot, occasionally I'll get one or two looking down their noses at the stuff I shoot. Especially if I show up and plan on doing some blasting with an AK or SKS. I'm always respectful and will shoot far enough away from someone trying to sight in, or will wait till they are done, but I still sometimes get that look.[rolleyes]
Seems as if some of the guys with their $2000 scoped hunting rifle set ups are snobby to plinkers and casual shooters. Those are the times when I enjoy out shooting them using an old $70 Turk Mauser off a bench at 100 yards.[smile]

Give Deval time, once he's in office I'm sure he'll have the Animal Protection Police in place along all of MA's borders to stop MA hunters from "murdering animals" in other states. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom