Hunting Posted Land

So the wife comes home from work and told me bout a land owner who has their land posted. They got a funny feeling and asked a neighbor to have a look around. He took a walk in their woods and found not one but two hunting stands. One a ground blind and another a tree seat which was against a tree that had a posted sign attached to it.

If you are a hunter who trespasses onto private land for the purpose of hunting, keep in mind that you make us all look bad. I am sure that you defend your "right" to hunt. Well, then you must respect the right of others to post their land. We come under enough scrutiny without giving the anti-hunters and public in general any added reasons to hate us.

I hate seeing posted land just as much as the next guy or gal. I can almost guarantee you that landowner will never give permission to any hunter in the future.

these people drive me nuts. I can look at it from both sides. I have 25 acres of land that IS posted. I have livestock that I don't want getting messed around with. It isn't so much hunters as people riding atv's. Just be courteous. If you ask chances are I will give you permission. On the other hand if you are going to post your land post it legally with your name and contact info so if a wounded animal goes onto your land a responsible hunter can't get permission to retrieve the animal.

In some towns posted land is taxed at a higher rate then non-posted. Had an out-of-towner buy up some good near by hunting land & posted the hell out of it, almost every tree down the prop line. Like in your face bambi-killers post job. Someone, not sure who reported it to the assessors office, next year no signs! Amazing! [wink]

I don't know about that one never heard of a town telling you you can't. Another reason mine is I am in the process of becoming a certified farm and thus zoning will be changed to agricultural and taxes severely lowered. So when your land is ag. you must be open to the public but then if you have large animals the my insurance co. says well we don't want some yahoo walking onto the property and getting stomped by a horse or something so they ask you to post it.

Back
Top Bottom