Hunting Ban coming?

FrugalFannie

NES Member
One of Obama's "special advisers" and his views on hunting.

"In a 2007 speech at Harvard University, Sunstein argued in favor of entirely "eliminating current practices such as … meat eating." He also proposed: "We ought to ban hunting, I suggest, if there isn’t a purpose other than sport and fun. That should be against the law. It’s time now."

see the following link for the entire story.

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/release/249

If hunting is banned, why have hunting rifles or shotguns right?[frown]
Will these guys ever stop?

No way. His approval rating's crashing as it is over health care. The LAST thing he wants to do is take on the ENTIRE gun ownership - 'cause as you all note, this would mobilize the Fudds like never before and the rest of us would stand by them 'cause we understand about hanging together so we don't hang seperatly.

Not going to happen. Be vigilant, but don't lose sleep over it.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090913/SPORTS/909130371/-1/SPORTS#STS=fzjqgsjl.11zd

'Cass R. Sunstein's nomination by President Obama to serve as the head of the powerful Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), otherwise known as the "Regulatory Czar," is popular with some, but Sunstein's record exposes him as a rabid animal rightist who has gone so far as to state that animals should have the right to sue humans and, for sportsmen, most chillingly, that, "we might ban hunting altogether, at least if it's sole purpose is human recreation."'

That would really increase the "from my cold dead hands" population, yes some people hunt purely for recreation, but MOST hunters I have ever met hunt for recreation but also use the meat, most of them donate the hide and hooves to a butcher who sells them to a glue maker.

If I ever met a hunter who just shot things because it was fun and left everything but the rack in the woods I would have a hard time controlling my anger. But, I have yet to meet somebody that this was their only purpose.

That would really increase the "from my cold dead hands" population, yes some people hunt purely for recreation, but MOST hunters I have ever met hunt for recreation but also use the meat, most of them donate the hide and hooves to a butcher who sells them to a glue maker.

If I ever met a hunter who just shot things because it was fun and left everything but the rack in the woods I would have a hard time controlling my anger. But, I have yet to meet somebody that this was their only purpose.

What you think their purpose is and what the grabbers think their purpose is are two completely different things.

I wanted to sue my neighbor's dog for crapping on my lawn, turning my way and barking something to the effect of "Woof, burrrurrrrur". So I fling the crap at her and yell for her to shut up and the b*tch took out a restraining order on me.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom