• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HR 1022

Bummer. I thought that was the proposed bill to promulgate the use of the Liberty Training Rifle for rifleman training of all law abiding citizens.

Seriously, lots of people are saying that Obama won't have the time or energy to pursue gun control. He doesn't have to! There are plenty of other gun-banners willing to do the dirty work who have forgotten what happened in 1994 or learned the wrong lessons. All he has to do is sign the bills that show up on his desk. Does anyone really believe he'll veto, even pocket veto, any gun control legislation? The resulting outcry from "his base" would make the Warren Invocate-Gate look like a Quaker pep rally [/rant].

Last edited:
Bummer. I thought that was the proposed bill to promulgate the use of the Liberty Training Rifle for rifleman training of all law abiding citizens.

Seriously, lots of people are saying that Obama won't have the time or energy to pursue gun control. He doesn't have to! There are plenty of other gun-banners willing to do the dirty work who have forgotten what happened in 1994 or learned the wrong lessons. All he has to do is sign the bills that show up on his desk. Does anyone really believe he'll veto, even pocket veto, any gun control legislation? The resulting outcry from "his base" would make the Warren Invocate-Gate look like a Quaker pep rally [/rant].

And you think the Dem's forgot what the aftermath of the AWB was? They lost control of both houses of Congress. You think the Dems are going to be stupid enough to risk losing control AGAIN? You better beleive many pol's are looking at the gun sales figures and thinking if they vote for ANY type of AWB they can kiss their seat goodbye (save for the usual Anti-gun crowd).

Am I naive enough to think they will try it? No, but right now any type of action on anything BUT the economy will not be viewed kindly.

And you think the Dem's forgot what the aftermath of the AWB was? They lost control of both houses of Congress. You think the Dems are going to be stupid enough to risk losing control AGAIN? You better beleive many pol's are looking at the gun sales figures and thinking if they vote for ANY type of AWB they can kiss their seat goodbye (save for the usual Anti-gun crowd).
I think it is quite possible that enough Democrats have either forgotten or convinced themselves that it is somehow different this time.
Am I naive enough to think they will try it? No, but right now any type of action on anything BUT the economy will not be viewed kindly.
That's logical, hence I'm a bit skeptical.

If the dems do any gun control nothing will happen. There will be no revolution, no secession. It will be just like the last AWB. We'll bitch and moan, write our politicians, obey the law and life will go on.

If the dems do any gun control nothing will happen. There will be no revolution, no secession. It will be just like the last AWB. We'll bitch and moan, write our politicians, obey the law and life will go on.

And it will only happen because they know that as well as you and I know that. So let us throw them a curveball this time.

Just wait. The AWB of 2009 (or 2010) will surely dwarf the AWB of 1994. And it will come at a time when we need our arms more than ever if economic conditions worsen (which they probably will).

After reading this, I have a hypothetical question for everyone:

Assume a new "Assault Weapons" Ban is enacted, with terms similar to what is described in the article. I.E., anything ever used by a military or law enforcement agency is not suited for civilian use. This means your 1911, your semi-auto AR-14, and probably your pump shotgun. Given the current political climate, I really do not think this is entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Now, presume that this law is not grandfathered. You own a gun on the AG's list of banned firearms, and the new ban mandates voluntary turn-in of banned weapons and authorizes confiscation for noncompliance after the turn-in grace period.

One night you get a knock on the door, and there are two friendly agents standing there asking for your 1911, your AR, and your Mini-14.

What do you do?

One night you get a knock on the door, and there are two friendly agents standing there asking for your 1911, your AR, and your Mini-14.

What do you do?

Same thing they did when King George sent his friendly agents to come and take them away.

if this is passes the AG will become "Der fuhrer" eventually for all of our rights. make no doubt about it obama hates all of our rights including our RKBA and thinks we need to be corralled by government.

And therein lies the problem. Far too many talk the talk....When it comes time to walk, they curl up in a ball. We have collectively become little better than the sheep themselves - grazing in the grassy meadow of government. The sheep follow blindly - sacrificing their liberty for a perception of it. We huddle in defiance - only to ultimately follow the sheep up the chute and into the slaughterhouse of oppression....

Anyone who sits idly by for a further trampling of our rights, gets all that they deserve....

After reading this, I have a hypothetical question for everyone:

Assume a new "Assault Weapons" Ban is enacted, with terms similar to what is described in the article. I.E., anything ever used by a military or law enforcement agency is not suited for civilian use. This means your 1911, your semi-auto AR-14, and probably your pump shotgun. Given the current political climate, I really do not think this is entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Now, presume that this law is not grandfathered. You own a gun on the AG's list of banned firearms, and the new ban mandates voluntary turn-in of banned weapons and authorizes confiscation for noncompliance after the turn-in grace period.

What do you do?

stanley-fubar-site.jpg

000_0894.jpg

SHTFrec.jpg

Last edited:
Any firearm EVER used by the military or law enforcement? If anything, the proposed law might get the Fudds to actually wake up and worry.

Plenty of people who just own a shotgun for hunting own an 870 or a Mossberg 500, found in almost all police cruisers.
Plenty of deer hunters out of MA hunt with something based on the Mauser action, invented for ZE GERMAN ARMEE.

List could stretch all the way back to include:
ARs
AKs
FAL
M9 Beretta
All Sigs
All Glocks
Probably all Ruger pistols, and the Mini-14/30 (I forsee the zombiefication of Bill Ruger)
All H&Ks
Most S&Ws
Colt SAA and clones
Winchester leverguns
Springfield '03
Mauser
Lee-Enfield
Mosin Nagant
Arisaka
Carcano (COULD HAVE SAVED JFK!)
Trapdoor Springfield
Military-style muzzleloaders
Black powder revolvers
The Arquebus

I think the phrase rhymes with "Clucking Bell"

Any firearm EVER used by the military or law enforcement? If anything, the proposed law might get the Fudds to actually wake up and worry.

No. Think it through. The AG would have the power to decide which ones used by the military he would ban. That being said, the fudds will love him even more when he does not touch their guns (which honestly the AG could really care less about at this point) and the AG will have effectively brought the fudds onto his side and turned them against us for ever having wanted to own the scary man-killing weapons anyway. It's divide and conquer.

"the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." Justice Scalia

This is why we need the Heller decision incorporated. While it is not the best, it has many points which deny just about any kind of outright ban.

"the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." Justice Scalia

This is why we need the Heller decision incorporated. While it is not the best, it has many points which deny just about any kind of outright ban.

That's a very valuable passage from Heller. Doesn't this give a basis to challenge MA's ridiculous limitations of the list of approved firearms, and the AG's additional constraints?

Given this clause, I don't see how even a ban on full-auto weapons can stand. A select-fire AR-15 is a "bearable arm", is it not?

Back
Top Bottom