• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Will/Does CWD Effect Your Hunting

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
The current CWD map, as of 2020, shows the current spread of CWD. You can add Idaho (detected) and Alabama (confirmed) to the list as well. The reality is that it will spread throughout the country sooner or later so I was curious what you guys and gals thought

Does this effect your hunting at all? Have you made any changes to the states you hunt?

I have gone to boneless processing years back but that is about all that I have changed.

Bob

B49DFA0E-7445-4434-9AFF-21FE2443DF48.jpeg

Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD)

I've hunted KY, SC, CT, NH and MA. Never had to worry about it. Ive probably brought a 85 deer home from CT whole over 15 years of hunting there.
That's the one state I'm glad never had CWD.

I've always boneless processed deer anyway, but brought them home to do it, as I have a nice setup in my garage.

This year I'll be hunting PA and will have to either debone or just send to a local processor should we get a deer. Makes more sense for us anyway, as its unlikely Ill have a good place to debone other than my tailgate.....no thanks.

If your asking do I not hunt certain states because of CWD.....no.......most of the states with CWD are much better hunting states than MA or the Northeast.

Back
Top Bottom