How was Marlboro show today ?

After all the bad reports that I read here on NES I wouldn’t even look twice at the highway signage for these shows.

I didn't bother going. Knee issues would have been bad had I gone. And there isn't anything I need or need-to-see after going to the LAST Marlboro show. The odds of different stuff is pretty low.

It's like my antiquey friends. They go to Brimfield in May. Rarely after. Because most vendors that they are interested in are looking all "off-season" and then hit the Summer shows. Brimfield in May is the first big show. The next 2 dates are just repeats for them.

I missed Linguine's but my waistline didn't.

I wouldn't say 2/3 full-- it was definitely smaller than the January show but not by much. I found much more to tempt me at this one than I did at the earlier show. Maybe it was the lesser crowd that helped browsing.

I showed up late Sunday, crowd was thin as I expected with the timing. Got some pre-ban mags and some jerky. There are worse ways to spend a Sunday.

Line was gone by 9:30 Saturday and no line on Sunday. I did ok selling Trump coins but very little activity on Saturday and Sunday was totally dead, didn't sell a thing.

Everyone I talked too said they didn't sell much of anything. This is on life support, TOO MANY SHOWS IN A SMALL AREA TOO CLOSE TOGETHER, Wilmington, then Plymouth, then Marlboro on in a month, that is nuts.

The fall is better, Marlboro in Sept, and Wilmington in November, that is the better mix.

That's it. I'm going to setup a few folding tables in my living room, set out all my guns with zipties on the triggers and walk around eating Slim Jims and bitch at the proprietor about his sky-high prices...
I've got a dollar-off coupon somewhere and some frozen boiled dinner for crop-dusting.

Line was gone by 9:30 Saturday and no line on Sunday. I did ok selling Trump coins but very little activity on Saturday and Sunday was totally dead, didn't sell a thing.

Everyone I talked too said they didn't sell much of anything. This is on life support, TOO MANY SHOWS IN A SMALL AREA TOO CLOSE TOGETHER, Wilmington, then Plymouth, then Marlboro on in a month, that is nuts.

The fall is better, Marlboro in Sept, and Wilmington in November, that is the better mix.

That was my thought. Too many shows. You CAN do 2 Marlboro shows. But you have to space em out and NOT do the Plymouth or Foxboro shows at all.

That's it. I'm going to setup a few folding tables in my living room, set out all my guns with zipties on the triggers and walk around eating Slim Jims and bitch at the proprietor about his sky-high prices...
I've got a dollar-off coupon somewhere and some frozen boiled dinner for crop-dusting.

Just don't advertise or you'll get into trouble like that guy in. . . Rehoboth on 44 did years ago. (The name of his gun shop was Gun Show Today or something like that. Eventually, the ATF had a HUGE problem with it. LOL)

I agree wrt timing (shows too close together) but I think the toxic environment that is now under pinning these things is a bigger factor... a culture of ratting, whining, greasing and bad management... over the years vendors dropping like flies because of all this, plus MA regulatory environment as frosting on the poop cake....

Back
Top Bottom