How to identify a SATURDAY NIGHT SPECIAL

Here's the REAL deal on a SNS....I just took the pic. Small enough to hide in your ol' ladys panties.
NO it's not for sale, you never know when you might have to put something in a cold hand.

IMAG1472.jpg

I've told the story here a few times, but years ago I bought a Jennings J22 at the Marlboro gun show. $80, sure why not. Cheap little .22 shooter. Well I get it to the range the next day, put a full mag in, retract the slide and let it slam home... fires the entire mag full auto without even pulling the trigger. Talk about shitting your pants. Luckily I had it pointed in a safe direction and no one else was around (outdoor range).

Turns out the breech face had developed a small crack that acted as a firing pin for the .22lr rimmed case. I destroyed it soon thereafter and I'll never buy a Jennings again. I would guess that the previous owner/ owners of the gun had dry-fired the hell out of it, creating the crack in the breech face which protruded outwards.

I've told the story here a few times, but years ago I bought a Jennings J22 at the Marlboro gun show. $80, sure why not. Cheap little .22 shooter. Well I get it to the range the next day, put a full mag in, retract the slide and let it slam home... fires the entire mag full auto without even pulling the trigger. Talk about shitting your pants. Luckily I had it pointed in a safe direction and no one else was around (outdoor range).

Turns out the breech face had developed a small crack that acted as a firing pin for the .22lr rimmed case. I destroyed it soon thereafter and I'll never buy a Jennings again. I would guess that the previous owner/ owners of the gun had dry-fired the hell out of it, creating the crack in the breech face which protruded outwards.

Would that be considered OVERfully auto?? [smile]

Here's the REAL deal on a SNS....I just took the pic. Small enough to hide in your ol' ladys panties.
NO it's not for sale, you never know when you might have to put something in a cold hand.

View attachment 66069
That's a cool little revolver. Great thread. These things remind me of those pistol cigarette lighters from years ago. I used to be fascinated as a kid going into Bretts Luggage in Shoppers World in Natick and looking at the little .25's behind the counter.

Last edited:
Cobra's are dirt cheap, Made in U.S.A., Lifetime Warranty. What's not to like ? We in MA will never now...

Cobra Firearms | Affordable Personal Protection | Compact Handguns & Derringers

.32 ACP and $120

prod-fseriesca-main-3.jpg

Last edited:
Some snobs on other sites brush all Harrington & Richardson and Iver Johnson pistols as "Suicide Guns" and "Saturday Night Specials". No Way !!

Back
Top Bottom