How to color code springs

I would like to color code my recoil springs and wonder if dykem will hold up. I'm thinking of a color code involving only red and blue. Will Dykem hold up of fall off with use?

Dykem is very thin and would probably come off easily . Maybe grind a small notch and clear coat or piece of scotch tape over it ?

Indelible ink?

What paint/compound do some of the spring manufacturers use? I have various springs that have color coding.

As Andy Rooney would say:

"I have red women's nail polish on my shelf for marking keys."

i would use some good cleaner spray like MAF sensor cleaner, then a simplistic rustoleum spray can. why to overcomplicate things?

if springs are ar15 buffers - here is the coding:

A former (now passed) gunsmith would use deck paint with orange or green tinting. Had the local store cook up a bunch of sample batches. He found it was the only thing which wouldn't mechanically alter the spring and would also not dissolve in CLP.

I would like to color code my recoil springs and wonder if dykem will hold up. I'm thinking of a color code involving only red and blue. Will Dykem hold up of fall off with use?
Contact Cajun Gun Works as they color code all of their recoil springs for CZ's. No idea what they use. Some bits will flake off but you'll still be able to see the color

Back
Top Bottom