• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to check if lower is registered

So I have a few ar15s in various stages of builds, I know I registered 1 or 2 of them but I'm not sure what ones. Is there a way I can check to see if it was registered?

Did you save the receipts? That's all you need to prove you possessed them before Maura went all tyrannical. This is assuming you're referring to your unbuilt lowers...

The selling dealer can pull up a new eFA10 on MIRCS if it was registered in the post blue card / paper form era.

No I just want to check if it's registered so it stays registered in Mass. If it's not registered I will bring it to NH with me

It was built and registered before 7/20/16 but only like 2 of them and I'm not sure what ones .I built a rifle, registered it and did a couple lowers while I was in the system but never built them. Worst case they come to NH with me and get completed

As stated above, there is NO reason that it can't be sold in MA even if not registered prior to 7/20/16. All you need is the receipt for the original purchase/transfer by a FFL to you as proof (if you are so inclined) of possession prior to the AG's rant.

It was built and registered before 7/20/16 but only like 2 of them and I'm not sure what ones .I built a rifle, registered it and did a couple lowers while I was in the system but never built them. Worst case they come to NH with me and get completed
The one you built you fa10’d it within seven days of completion.

The remaining lowers you purchased before 7/20 and you have proof that you purchased them before 7/20.

And everything you have is good in MA.

I don't have receipts anymore .I could probably chase em down but I have to much going on in life to do so. I was just hoping to keep the pre Healy ar15s in Mass. I'll just stick to selling the ones I know are on the books and take the other with me out of state .

I don't have receipts anymore .I could probably chase em down but I have to much going on in life to do so. I was just hoping to keep the pre Healy ar15s in Mass. I'll just stick to selling the ones I know are on the books and take the other with me out of state .
Pre Healey means nothing. Go by written law. Jack.

I love when a member asks a good question, gets the same answer from two or three of THE most knowledgeable people in the state, and then shrugs and disregards those answers.

Makes me wonder what the OP was hoping to hear. You want to sell in MA? Cool. Everyone’s telling you to go ahead and do so.

So you decide not to. I guess there’s no pleasing some people.

If you need to know, you can always apply to DCJIS for a list of firearms - transactions you made using the form attached below. It costs $20. If you check off either one of the first 2 boxes on the form, you will only get the serial numbers of guns that you own or firearms that are still under your name even if you sold them. To get an FA10 copy of a specific firearm, check off the third box and provide the serial number of the firearm(s).

https://www.mass.gov/files/2017-06/Personal Search Request Form for website.pdf

I love when a member asks a good question, gets the same answer from two or three of THE most knowledgeable people in the state, and then shrugs and disregards those answers.

Makes me wonder what the OP was hoping to hear. You want to sell in MA? Cool. Everyone’s telling you to go ahead and do so.

So you decide not to. I guess there’s no pleasing some people.

I kinda agree with this but it’s pretty clear the OP’s motivation is to leave the ones he can in MA when he could just as easily take them with him. Given most of attitude here I’d say f*** it, I’ll just take them with me.

Thanks to everyone for the replies .I don't want to seem ungrateful to anyone. I fully understand all my options for all the other lowers. I know I could chase down copies of the receipts as I know every place I bought each one but it's not really worth my time to sell 10 or so lowers. I'll take them with me and build them in NH. I just wanted to leave the ones already on the book in this state.

Don't forget to sell said lowers for the price one can buy a real pre '94 ban lower for......

Back
Top Bottom