How should I feel?

Tackdriver VillenTactical

Dealer
NES Member
Recently I won an auction for a Bushmaster AR. The guy listing the auction stated the rifle was owned by a friend of his, but he was there when it was bought and he can vouch that there was only 300 rounds through it.

To make a long story short, a couple of days after I got it home from my dealer I saw that the upper receiver is made by Armalite. The barrel is a Bushy, but I don't know about the other upper parts, the BCG or LPK. Anyway, if I knew it had Armalte part/s I don't know that I would have bought it. Not for any real reason other than I don't have any experience with Armalite to form an informed opinion about them.

So I guess I want to know if I should be pissed off about it.

Dave

Maybe I'm wrong, but me personally I think Armalite is better than Bushmaster.

If you have discovered "put together" items on the rifle then the question is now what else if not BushMaster????? Can you return or is it now your problem????

Same here and the guy that told you may not have known as much as you about it. As long as it shoots well and the head spacing was done just enjoy it.

Just triple the price and sell it quick. Then wait to get another one and pocket the rest.

I would say if everything thing is in good shape, it works, and you got it at the price you were willing to pay... Just shoot it and enjoy it. Also I owned a Bushmaster lower with a RRA upper, and before I got rid of it I always told people it was a Bushy. When I had it for sale I qualified that statement with the fact that it was a RRA upper. Some people might feel (like the .gov does) that the rest of the rifle is just parts, and the part that matters (the lower) is a Bushy so by default the whole rifle is a Bushy. Or the guy doesn't even know it was a mix-master and just sold it as the only thing he knew it to be, a Bushmaster. Either way, if it was me, I'd just shoot the ever loving crap out of it. If you really want an all Bushmaster rifle, you can always buy a Bushy upper as I'm sure you will have no problem unloading your current upper in today's political climate. Just my .02

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Everything I have is a mishmash of colt, bushmaster and eagle arms (armalite). I use factory guns for parts and I rip them all apart. Parts is parts as far as I'm concerned. The X ring can't tell the difference.

B

Pissed that through either miscommunication or incorrect advertising, it wasn't what you thought you were bidding on? Absolutely. So long as they're all standard parts, though, and so long as it functions fine at the range, no REAL big loss.

'Course, if you're really upset with it, I'll take it off your hands for cheap. [wink]

Hope you did get a good deal on it, and hope it shoots well for you.

Part it out and sell off the pieces if you're not happy with it. Just like some automobiles, I'm sure it's worth more in parts than as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom