How NOT To Remove A Stuck Cartridge

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Harrison man uses screwdriver to dislodge bullet, shoots self in shoulder

The Saginaw News
Monday June 22, 2009

HARRISON -- A Harrison man attempting to dislodge a bullet from his .22-caliber rifle with a screwdriver shot himself in the shoulder Sunday, Clare County Sheriff's officials say.

Medics treated the 40-year-old, who lives on Helen in Hayes Township, and airlifted him to Spectrum Health Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, where officials say he is in stable condition.

He's VERY lucky he didn't shoot himself in the head.

WTF? How the hell do you pull that off? What the hell did he do, rest the barrel against his shoulder?

TSTL.

-Mike

Oh, the wonders of a screwdriver....

screwdriver.jpg

at least he'll remember his gun safety rules now... I think he (hopefully) learnt his lesson the hard way...

I'm still trying to figure out how he was holding the thing to be able to shoot himself in the shoulder.

Rifle...interesting. Handgun and this would be a non-story, but a rifle? I mean......how?

I'm still trying to figure out how he was holding the thing to be able to shoot himself in the shoulder.
Easy, and stupid to do: Brace muzzle against left shoulder or under left armpit with buttstock resting on workbench, hold screwdriver on joint between cartridge rim and chamber with left hand, apply hammer with right hand to handle of screwdriver to force it between the cartridge rim and chamber edge so as to then attempt to pry screwdriver towards muzzle and lever cartridge out. Save time by calling 911 before starting procedure.

Easy, and stupid to do: Brace muzzle against left shoulder or under left armpit with buttstock resting on workbench, hold screwdriver on joint between cartridge rim and chamber with left hand, apply hammer with right hand to handle of screwdriver to force it between the cartridge rim and chamber edge so as to then attempt to pry screwdriver towards muzzle and lever cartridge out. Save time by calling 911 before starting procedure.

Jesus! [shocked]

Yeah, that's the way I envisioned it.

That's pretty much what i thought too.

Holy fawk. And he never had that little nagging thought "hey, this might be a dumb idea"? I mean, I get that thought all the time, as evidenced by my self-inflicted-gunshot-wound-free shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom