How much time does your gun spend at doctor dremmel

I have always found that your standard Glock has not has the plastic filed away as nice as possible underneath hte trigger guard. Which requires some judicious sanding just to get that ridge smoothed down. At that point, I'll also usually take down the trigger guard just a bit so my hand fits in a tad better. Not a lot. So no Dremel.

I recall adding a competition trigger to an AR 20 years ago. I was so afraid of messing up the fit. The trigger assembly wouldn't drop in and line up. You needed to file down the bottom to set into your lower. I think I was using 400 or 1,000 grit paper. Probably took me 3 hours of sanding and fitting to get it to fit. LOL

I ground the trigger safety flush with the trigger on my g43.

Without it the gun was firing on the tab pressure and the rest of the trigger was wasted plastic that never came in contact with my finger.

Now when the trigger pulls the tab recesses flush to the rest of the trigger when firing, so much more comfortable.

I burn and grind on my game glocks. Ergos fit my hands better. I view them as expensive tupperware tho

Somewhat the same here. Glocks are nothing but tupperware, worst case is I ruin one and go buy another. I am VERY cautious/restrained in making any mods to my "steel" guns - revolvers, 1911s, target .22's, etc.

But Glocks - meh. They're what I use for most of my competition shooting, (IDPA/USPSA/Steel Challenge), and they're my carry guns. I make some basic mods to almost all of them. TalonWraps to improve the grip, (remember, I'm in GA - summer's hot and humid). Double undercut of the trigger guard to do two things - quit adding to that "glock knuckle" on my gun hand, and to give me an absolutely consistent grip. Most of them have replacement triggers, some of them have dots, almost all of them have extended controls and takedown levers.

Huh... higher grip fits my finger better...? I'm confused have you never gripped a gun that was fat there
It's not that it's too fat there, but the trigger guard on many guns doesn't have a deep enough undercut so the middle finger rests too far down. You'll typically see more competition oriented guns with significant undercuts to keep the hand up as far as possible and closer to the bore axis. It helps muzzle control.

Back
Top Bottom