• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many round do you pack when conceal carry? [NOT GAY]

I’ve seen enough shootout footage to understand that no matter how big the mag in the gun is, it’s going to end up empty before you’re done shooting. Carry a spare.
Do share because I've only seen that in movies. Genuine shootout footage is very rare. Also, how are you determining if someone ran dry? I can only think of two story that involved reloads: the 86 Miami shootout and a trooper whose name I can't recall who pumped a bad guy full of .45 rounds.

Do share because I've only seen that in movies. Genuine shootout footage is very rare. Also, how are you determining if someone ran dry? I can only think of two story that involved reloads: the 86 Miami shootout and a trooper whose name I can't recall who pumped a bad guy full of .45 rounds.

Last weeks ‘you think birdshot works’ (or similar) thread has vid of cop using 1+ mags from his g17.

I know it’s autocorrect. But all I can picture is a large guy (never met you, just minds impression) running through two mags of a tiny handgun and saying, “OK MF, you asked for it” and pulling out a Spartan spear and charging.

I need coffee
It was autocorrect. But I'm a pretty big guy, and this is the sweatshirt I'm wearing today. Maybe you have a sixth sense Lol. IMG_20200406_083524007.jpg

Last edited:

The one I’m thinking of specifically, is dash cam footage of a cop that ended up using his backup gun. Interview with the cop has him saying “I only remember firing two or three times”, video clearly shows slide-lock.

I know I’ve seen it a few other places too, but am struggling to recall enough specific detail to pin down exact events.

Have been front pocket carrying the Kimber (as usual), but with site visits becoming less and less I am going to switch to the CZ P07 with spare mag, once the new holster shows up.

This is the new loadout for hand sanitizer loss prevention in the age of Covid.

As for EDC--maybe I've being naive, but I only carry to capacity in the gun I have on me. I do, however, stash 1 extra mag for each of my seasonal EDC guns in my car safe and separately in my office safe, the two places I'm at the most outside of my house.

Check out the Active Self Protection channel on facebook.
Hundreds of shootout videos.

View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr9w0uxRdNytiQ9rTHfaG_soJSLFXvFPt

View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr9w0uxRdNyt02VbNiJHCZj7XEhzT6ci1

Host of the channel also states in hundreds of shootout vids he has examined, he has never seen a CCW holder use a reloaded gun in a gun fight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOOwimUWbc

The Newhall massacre in California in 1970, one of the troopers was killed as he put his last round in his 357. CHP didn't allow speed loaders or strips at the time, single load only. He emptied his revolver, got behind the cruiser to reload and got killed before he was done.

Last edited:
Host of the channel also states in hundreds of shootout vids he has examined, he has never seen a CCW holder use a reloaded gun in a gun fight.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOOwimUWbc

Ive left the house approximately 11,000 times and never fired my pistol in anger. Perhaps we should just give up on that, too?

Also, notice that he follows that up with saying that he’s seen plenty of times that guns have been run empty, and people DID reload.

ETA: I misunderstood which side of the argument the Cap’n was on.

Last edited:
Ive left the house approximately 11,000 times and never fired my pistol in anger. Perhaps we should just give up on that, too?

Also, notice that he follows that up with saying that he’s seen plenty of times that guns have been run empty, and people DID reload.

No argument here, I carry a spare mag.
I just thought it was an interesting fact.
No doubt some of the vids show CCW guns running dry.
He also says CCW holder, as I am sure there are some videos of cops on his channel using a reloaded gun in a fight.
The great thing about that youtube channel is you can make up your own mind about the videos.

No argument here, I carry a spare mag.
I just thought it was an interesting fact.
No doubt some of the vids show CCW guns running dry.
He also says CCW holder, as I am sure there are some videos of cops on his channel using a reloaded gun in a fight.
The great thing about that youtube channel is you can make up your own mind about the videos.
My first read of your post told me you were on the “f*** carrying a spare” side of this. My b.

And yeah, every example I can remember seeing was definitely cops.

The thing that really sticks out to me, as in the example I have before, was when they don’t even remember how many rounds they got off.

My first read of your post told me you were on the “f*** carrying a spare” side of this. My b.

And yeah, every example I can remember seeing was definitely cops.

The thing that really sticks out to me, as in the example I have before, was when they don’t even remember how many rounds they got off.
No worries, I sometimes post facts without adding my opinion, just to give people info.
It sounds good in my head when I do it.:D

Favorite carry is .32 cal Beretta with 7 + 1 in the vest pocket, and a spare mag in the other vest pocket. I know, a .32 is not big or bad enough for most of you. My uncle carried a .25 Beretta his whole life and did just fine. I carry that 950 sometimes.

Archer carries a .32. Good enough for me. [laugh]

It's getting difficult. I have no room for a spare mag.

With a bunch of keys on a key ring, a loaded p365 in my front pocket holster, a cell phone, and wallet. My pants are getting quite heavy and full. I can't bend over to tie my shoelaces without snapping my cell phone.

This^^^^ but I still get that extra mag somewhere. Just don’t ask how.

I haven't read every post and I certainly don't train/shoot like some of you. But isn't the mag the biggest point of failure? Isn't carrying a spare just as much for a failure as it is for fighting off a zombie horde/group of terrorists? That said I usually carry single stack so I carry a spare mag.

When I was in Mass I never carried with a pre ban mag, only because the ones I had were so old. One of them had a slight crack in the side. Maybe it was just me but for my carry gun I always used a new mag that I obviously shot a few times for a system check but I preferred carrying the newer mag with 10 than an old pre ban mag with 15 or 17 rounds

It's a bitch hauling it around but it gets the job done. And for the record I'm not gay either(not that theres anything wrong with that).
1586628998881.png

Back
Top Bottom