How many of carry an extra clip when they CCW?

I usually don't. Probably not a bad idea, but if you're in a situation where more than 5 to 10 shots won't neutralize the threat....

Yikes... (Knocks on wood for all of us)

I don't carry extra clips, since the guns that I carry don't typically use them. I do, however, carry at least one extra magazine.

When carrying in a belt holster, I carry two spare magazines in magazine holders on my support side. When carrying in a pocket, I carry one or two spare magazines in my support side pocket.

I don't carry extra clips, since the guns that I carry don't typically use them. I do, however, carry at least one extra magazine.

When carrying in a belt holster, I carry two spare magazines in magazine holders on my support side. When carrying in a pocket, I carry one or two spare magazines in my support side pocket.

+1 for terminology.

Sometimes I'll take along 1 or 2 loaded clips when I carry one of my pistols. Most other times I won't. Sometimes I'll carry a loaded speed loader with my J Frame.

Forgot to add, if I'm taking an extra clip or mag I'll carry it my weak side pocket. Speed loader I'll carry in my strong side pocket.

Last edited:
I have no idea how you guys can "hide" all this stuff... I'd feel weird with bumps or buldges all over me. :(

I have no idea how you guys can "hide" all this stuff... I'd feel weird with bumps or buldges all over me. :(
I generally don't worry too much about concealing the extra mag pouch. So many people carry a knife or multi tool in a pouch that I don't think that it would attract too much notice.

If you carry your extra mag loose in a pants pocket, be sure to remove all that extra junk, like bits of foil gum wrappers, and stuff like that.

Ask me how I know this.

The reloading malfunctions that result are legendary!

Since then, I've learned to love mag holders.

When I run out of rounds I have three fragmentation grenades on my waist band... It usually does the trick...

Always all of this

GBnKyCvJ3V1wx8LlZ5f7xgi5B4kwWMcu0300.jpg

Ocassionally I add a small 10% OC canister. [smile]

BTW, as Round Gun Shooter advised me: Safariland speedloaders are teh ruxxor. HKS are teh suxxor. [laugh]

Already having such a bulge in my... never mind.[smile]
Actually I'm guilty of only carrying an extra mag in cool weather when I can carry it in a jacket pocket.

Always all of this

BTW, as Round Gun Shooter advised me: Safariland speedloaders are teh ruxxor. HKS are teh suxxor. [laugh]

Sheesh! You must gasp a sigh of relief when you get changed into comfy clothes when you get home.

Always all of this

Daaaamn. I have a hard enough time fitting all my non-gun crap in my pockets, nevermind adding a holster and extra ammo.

pdm, if you see me walking down the street in a polo and jeans or shorts, you would not be able to tell all that is on me.

BTW, I also ocassionally CCW a 4" S&W Model 65 in a OWB pancake instead of the snubbie. I still carry an extra speedloader, knife, wallet, cellphone, keyes, and the OC and no one can tell where it all is.

Relaxed fit jeans and chino slacks and shorts with pleats are key.

Always all of this

I dunno... I don't see that as too horribly much for every day carry. That Comp-tac CTAC is an in the waist band holster so that's not in a pocket... it's also very comfortable, I have one for the Glock 23 that completely disappears and even I forget it's there. The knife clips anywhere... I sometimes carry my Spyderco Mannix in the waistband when additional concealment is necessary - the belt covers the clip and and width of the belt can even disguise the knife under it if you are pat down quickly (I do this at concerts sometimes), or you could get a sheath or pouch for your belt. Wallet goes in the back pocket of your choice. Keys and cellphone in the front pocket of your choice, extra mag/speed loader in the other to avoid debris getting in the way. All in all not a bad load out IMHO. With a mag carrier on your weak side, you can free up a pocket for something like OC if you so choose. If you buy good gear, like the CTAC, the weight and bulk can disappear faster than you might think.

Jose, that's about what I carry most days, all day, wherever I go. I might even have one or two more tools, depending on the circumstance, light/night, OC spray, another small knife, leatherman. (Man that leatherman has come in handy)

I might have two speedloaders, or more.

I had a good laugh with a nurse alittle while back, I had my physical and she took my weight with my cloths on, she told me to change and steped out for alittle bit, when she came back in I said lets do my weight again, I was 10 LB's lighter !!!

As far as carry spare rounds, yes I do. When I had my J-Frame I had a change pouch that I carryed 25 or so rounds in it, anyone asked I just showed them the pouch and said it was losse change. Carrying my 1911 (now my M&P 40, the 1911 was to heavy [smile] ) I carry at least one or two mag(s) in a case. With everything else it just looks like a cell phone or pager case.

Never carry clips . . . none of my handguns use them.

Carry spare ammo for any wheelgun, or usually 2 spare mags for any pistol.

It's not "round count" but after having SIX P99 .40 mags dump on me (baseplates cracked and headed South), I can appreciate that the mag is a "weak link" and if it fails, your 16 rds of ammo is useless in defending your life!

[The P99 mag baseplate story is here, use Advanced Search if interested. The problem mags are still out there!]

Back
Top Bottom