• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Many Knives?

MaxStravinsky

NES Member
I'm trying to talk myself into getting a Joker Erizo. I like it, but what's slowing me down is...I'm really more of a gun person. And I just spend thousands reviving me geriatric car.

So......make me feel like I don't have enough, I have 4 right now. How many knives do you have?

Correction- I can now think of 7 that I have (not counting the Erizo I just ordered).

Last edited:
I'm trying to talk myself into getting a Joker Erizo. I like it, but what's slowing me down is...I'm really more of a gun person. And I just spend thousands reviving me geriatric car.
So......make me feel like I don't have enough, I have 4 right now
You have 4 on you right now? That's about right.

How many knives do you have?
Enough that I have them insured (on the same policy as guns & optics).

Four? You are asking if four is enough? Really?

IMG_0285.jpeg

I just ordered two more today. I’ve also got a couple more Delicas kicking around in the basement.

A couple things I’ve learned in the past couple years — I don’t care for frame locks or liner locks, I’m not a big fan of top flippers, and I really like sheepsfoot / Wharncliffe style blades.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    772.3 KB · Views: 6
Four? You are asking if four is enough? Really?

View attachment 856360

I just ordered two more today. I’ve also got a couple more Delicas kicking around in the basement.

A couple things I’ve learned in the past couple years — I don’t care for frame locks or liner locks, I’m not a big fan of top flippers, and I really like sheepsfoot / Wharncliffe style blades.
Maybe it was four on you at a time? :)

I picked this up a few weeks ago. I know it's not US made but it has an Impeccable fit & finish with a good solid feel - it's my new EDC! The collection continues to grow....

1709314044313.png

REMETTE M390 Folding Pocket Knife Titanium Carbon Fiber Handle Hand Ground Pearlescent Blade Button Lock Structure WD107​

I’m sitting in my office right now. As i look around, I see 10.

Plus the one in my pocket.
Plus the two in a scuba gear box.

I’m not going downstairs to count, but I know there are six or eight on my bureau. Plus two in my EDC knapsack. A CRK on the kitchen/living room divider.

I think there are four, maybe five in the truck. Maybe six??

Another six or seven?? In the garage.
Two on the bike.

So yeah - go buy it.

OK, I remembered 2 more...........1 in the car and 1 in my EDC bag (which doesn't actually get carried).

TJ4 has a good point, it's just a matter of time before the Dem's go after our knives.
This Joker is a beauty - it's made in Spain and comes with a nice leather holster.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 1.01.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 1.01.56 PM.png
    739.9 KB · Views: 10
I picked this up a few weeks ago. I know it's not US made but it has an Impeccable fit & finish with a good solid feel - it's my new EDC! The collection continues to grow....

View attachment 856366

REMETTE M390 Folding Pocket Knife Titanium Carbon Fiber Handle Hand Ground Pearlescent Blade Button Lock Structure WD107​

Hmmm. Might order that. Because

What type of lock do you prefer?
I like locks that don't require me to put a finger in the path of the blade.

tldr: I like the Benchmade Axis lock, Demko Shark Lock, Spyderco Compression lock, and button locks.

It took me a while to warm up to the Benchmade Axis lock, but I like it a lot now. Benchmade's patent has run out, so now a lot of companies are making clones. One of the knives that I just bought is a Kizer with that same type of lock:

At the other end of the price spectrum with that type of lock is my Tactile Maverick. This one is a drawer queen: Stonewashed + Bronze Maverick

I do like the Demko Sharklock on my AD 20.5: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/AD...red-red-grivory-handles-knifecenter-exclusive. I did replace those ugly scales.

One of the knives that I just ordered has the same kind of lock. I'm not sure if Demko's patent has run out or if Civivi is licensing it, but this looks like a very similar kind of lock: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/CI...ll-carbon-fiber-handles-knifecenter-exclusive

I do like Spyderco's Compression Lock: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP...in-blade-dark-gray-g10-handles-paramilitary-3, but I think I like the Axis lock better. I think the Axis lock is a little easier to find (though apparently the omega springs are more likely to break over time).

I have a lot of button locks and I do like them, but many of the cheaper button locks can be a bit sticky if you open the knife hard. My We Ziffius button lock doesn't have any stick at all, but that's a very big, expensive knife and not one that I carry: https://www.knifecenter.com/item/WE...itanium-handles-with-twill-carbon-fiber-inlay. I've got several CJRB button locks, but they all have some button stick to various degrees.

So that's a long way of saying I like button locks, but they don't seem to be done well unless they are expensive. So I'm probably leaning more to Axis locks and its clones, and maybe Shark locks thrown in for variety.

Last edited:
It's very, very difficult for me to stop buying knives, and I've always had pretty expensive tastes.

At a guess, I suppose I'm probably up around 40 blades by now, and they're all really nice. I almost never let any of them go.

It's very, very difficult for me to stop buying knives, and I've always had pretty expensive tastes.

At a guess, I suppose I'm probably up around 40 blades by now, and they're all really nice. I almost never let any of them go.
I sold off most of my custom Emersons and a few custom and first run Striders. I think I still have 7 or 8 Striders, one customer Emerson and three or four customized Emersons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom