• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many guns constitute an "Arsenal"?

Obie1

NES Member
I know I want my obit to say, "He left behind an arsenal of guns." (Or maybe a small arsenal would be ok.) Right now I know I'm well behind--can't even fill up a single safe. Just wondering; what is the magic number?

The Boston Globe probably thinks 2.

No magic number in my book. Just ask yourself "How many guns do I have? Not nearly enough."

Whenever my wife asks me, that's my answer.

I consider an arsenal to be enough firearms to fill a large safe. so probably between 20-30. When I think of an arsenal I also think of stock piled ammo for every firearm.

NOW, when it comes to enough to be in an Obit? lol Id probably say 50.

In Connecticut, it's two slingshots.

I have seen 'arsenals' and 'ammo stockpiles' on the news that were less than I take to the range.

Whatever it is, it's the media's term and they will misuse it. I wouldn't consider a "collection" to be an "arsenal" until minimum it has large numbers of identical guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal = a bunch of same guns, like a rack of m-16s.
Collection = a bunch of different guns, like most of us have.

Newspaper definition - Photo of everything including cleaning brushes and your kitchen knives laid out on table with breathless captions like " Fully semi auto Ruger 10/22 carbine and 350 bullets !!!! "

I know I want my obit to say, "He left behind an arsenal of guns." (Or maybe a small arsenal would be ok.) Right now I know I'm well behind--can't even fill up a single safe. Just wondering; what is the magic number?

make sure you get it right with the stone engravers or you could end up with something like " the arse left behind guns"[smile]

"Arsenal" is a term used by the antis to draw a negative, emotional reaction. Use "collection".

Don't let the enemy define the terms we use.

That being said, I suppose 2 or more could be considered a collection.

If you have to ask how many = an arsenal then you don't have one yet.... when yo are getting rid of guns to fit more guns in your home then you have an arsenal.

"Arsenal" is a term used by the antis to draw a negative, emotional reaction. Use "collection".

Don't let the enemy define the terms we use.

That being said, I suppose 2 or more could be considered a collection.

I say 1 or more is a collection. Hell, the BATFE thinks a shoelace is a machine gun. I guess you wouldn't have to have any firearms at all to be considered the owner of an arsenal. You just have to have a pair of shoes.

Your obit can say whatever your family wants. The official answer is probably correlated to how liberal the news site reporting the story is.

Arsenal = a bunch of same guns, like a rack of m-16s.
Collection = a bunch of different guns, like most of us have.

I was thinking along this line. My idea of an arsenal is enough weapon for a platoon. Enough rifles for a few squads, a few SAWS, maybe light machine guns and a mortar. A few pistols for the officers too, of course.

I'm still working on it. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom