• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Gardner renewal

3/19 interviewed. New pic and answered a few questions. Was told it won't be back before mine expires which is 6/5. I'll post back the results.

Did you verify they entered your renewal in the system and get a receipt?

applied for ltc in west springfield MA.
1/23/17:dropped off application and answered a few questions with the license officer
3/24/17:8 weeks past and no word yet.local gun store said wait time is around 3 months right now so i think i still got a couple more weeks to go.ill update when i get my license.

Reading
applied for renewal in may 2016.
still waiting.....,

I'd be on the horn to the chief and if that didn't work, the selectmen/town manager. Seriously it is buried somewhere in the PD. Call FRB and ask them for a status and if they say it was Mailed to the PD, ask for a date and what year that was.

Randolph Renewal, ALP
Appt: 3/11/2017 (Saturday) fingerprints, fee, everything
Received new license and pin: IN HAND via mail 4/11/2017
Received reminder card same day as new license and it was an early renewal for the BS everyone talks about.
Not too bad.

Marblehead
Interview 3 days after request, LTC-A in hand nearly 8 weeks to day after interview.
Listed ALP as reason. Very green town that lets state be the bad guy, not LO/chief.
Sat at PD for 2 weeks before activated.

located in West Springfield
i applied in late january,around the 23rd day.did fingerprints and payment and all that good stuff.been almost 3 months and nothing yet.called pd last week to see how long it takes they said 3-4 months.they also said that ill be getting it in the mail rather then picking it up at the police department.lets hope everything goes smooth and i get it in the next couple weeks.

2nd renewal. Original application and all subsequent renewals have been in Arlington.
* Called the last week in December to arrange an "interview".
* Earliest "interview" they could give me was 2nd week of February, which I took.
* License arrived the 2nd week of April
* No restrictions
* Like last time, the "interview" consisted of hanging around while a records clerk retyped my application into MIRCS, printed it out, had me sign it, took my picture, and collected my $100 check.

Interestingly, even though the check was handed in the 2nd week of Feb, it didn't get deposited until only a few days before they called to tell me the LTC was ready for pickup.

I didn't know you get notifications.

The PRM is supposed to send you a notice, so you have time to apply. I've received some, but I'm not sure if it was for every renewal.

Lat time, it was a post card, that came in about a month after I applied for the renewal. But, since I applied for renewal ~3 months prior to expiration, and it was about 3 weeks past expiration when I got the new card..... Perhaps more lead time on the thing would be helpful. [laugh]

Can't find the relevant language. [sad]

Renewed my LTC in Sudbury. It took 9 weeks from dropping off the application. I just moved to Sudbury and my previous license was issued by Framingham. The process was fairly simple and the Sudbury PD was very nice and gave me a call when it was ready to pickup.

Ironically, I had my new license in hand for 2 weeks before they even cashed my check.

I just got back from my renewal appointment and the licensing officer said they are running 8-10 weeks before the new one comes in. He gave me a paper receipt to carry just in case my license doesn't arrive by my birthday.

Back
Top Bottom