How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

BFDX7

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this interesting... wife new ALP appointment was 3/10 and she received 5/3. Mine was a renewal and the appointment was 3-10 and I'm still waiting...

BFDX7

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this interesting... wife new ALP appointment was 3/10 and she received 5/3. Mine was a renewal and the appointment was 3-10 and I'm still waiting...
Update.... got mine in the mail after this post on 5/11. Hope this info helps all those that are waiting.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after 5 months EXACTLY i finally got my unrestricted class A LTC.did the paperwork jan 23rd 2017 and received it today may 23rd 2017 located in west springfield MA.just a few days before my birthday too.super excited.

pupchow

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Belchert0wn

New issue, no restrictions.

Less than four weeks, from submitting application, to LTC in hand.

sbi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Belchert0wn

New issue, no restrictions.

Less than four weeks, from submitting application, to LTC in hand.
Just shows you that those who wait 8, 10 weeks or more are not a "System" issues or delays, it is the local PD's hold up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped off my app 2/23/17, and when i checked in at my local p.d last week they said "we're waiting on your prints to come back" anyone know how far into the process that is? My department doesnt require an interview. Just getting antsy. I live in falmouth down the cape, and the chief gives unrestricted without fail for eligible people

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Applied on May 4, LEO Interview on April 10, Ready for pick-up today. I'd rather it take 2 months longer and have no restrictions, but 40 days is pretty fast for MA.

Last edited:

Knuckle Dragger

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I dropped off my app 2/23/17, and when i checked in at my local p.d last week they said "we're waiting on your prints to come back" anyone know how far into the process that is? My department doesnt require an interview. Just getting antsy. I live in falmouth down the cape, and the chief gives unrestricted without fail for eligible people
Because your PD has exceeded the 40 day window to process your application, you've already been [constructively] denied. That's usually not a problem as most times it comes through. However, you only have until July 17th to file an appeal. If you don't have your license then and haven't filed an appeal you're SoL.

BTW - they're bullshitting you about the prints not coming back. They're picking their butts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because your PD has exceeded the 40 day window to process your application, you've already been [constructively] denied. That's usually not a problem as most times it comes through. However, you only have until July 17th to file an appeal. If you don't have your license then and haven't filed an appeal you're SoL.

BTW - they're bullshitting you about the prints not coming back. They're picking their butts.
So if i dont file an appeal by then and i dont get it, i cant ever get it? Or i have to start over at square 1?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
So if i dont file an appeal by then and i dont get it, i cant ever get it? Or i have to start over at square 1?
Square 1. I've never heard of someone being delayed months and then denied. Denials are usually pretty quick. Processing seems to take forever. My latest renewal took almost 5 months and I didn't really believe my chief when he told me to "get my application in now" at 6 months prior to expiration.

I'd escalate it a bit to move it along, but I wouldn't waste my time and money suing as it won't make any difference in the outcome and just cost you time and money. When you file a lawsuit it isn't heard for months anyway and you'll have your LTC before your day in court. Court fees are non-refundable and the judge will merely dismiss the suit anyway.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for your responses! Len, how should i escalate things? Im a pretty cool headed guy and i plan on stopping by the station tomorrow. Tomorrow will be 16 weeks, Which is how long they said the max would be. When i called the FRB yesterday, they said i was still in draft. Just hoping someone knows the "key words" i should use. Im just getting frustrated at this point

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
Email to the chief is the best next step. If no Email, I would call him and inquire, tell him what FRB told you. If no success, the next step is selectmen/councilmen/town manager/mayor . . . whatever is appropriate for your community. If still no success you should contact your state rep or state sen and ask for their assistance.

I'm certain that you won't have to go beyond the selectmen/town manager/etc. step to get results.

Stay level-headed and polite but be firm.

Good luck.

amb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Processing seems to take forever. My latest renewal took almost 5 months and I didn't really believe my chief when he told me to "get my application in now" at 6 months prior to expiration.
Ouch. Is there such a thing as getting it in too early? Do they always post-date renewals to be on the expiration date of your old one even if that's not for months?

I thought I'd seen something in the law about this but I just had a pretty long look and didn't find anything relevant. (I mostly suspect it's up to your department to type in whatever they want.)

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
51   1   0
Ouch. Is there such a thing as getting it in too early? Do they always post-date renewals to be on the expiration date of your old one even if that's not for months?

I thought I'd seen something in the law about this but I just had a pretty long look and didn't find anything relevant. (I mostly suspect it's up to your department to type in whatever they want.)
Michaela told me that they will process them 6 months early at FRB. The computer system (MIRCS) will not allow 2 valid LTCs at the same time, so yes it is always issued to take effect on the date of your birth when the old one expires.

One time I was lucky enough to get my renewal 3 months prior to expiration. It sat in my safe until my birthday. I don't see any issue with that.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Class A Large Capacity LTC, unrestricted.
Franklin, MA
Meeting was May 16th.
I received it the mail June 24th.

This was a renewal, not a new license issued.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Update. 19 weeks today, called frb . Been approved and waiting for delivery, or whatever they said. I don't remember because as soon as he didn't say I "it's still in draft" I stopped listening, and started happy dancing

Update, 20 weeks would be tomorrow, and I picked up my class a unrestricted at the pd today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mattapoisett, sent my application on March 10th (3/10/17) for Unrestricted LTC, came back May 15th (5/15/17). They had it since April but didn't give it to me till about 3 weeks later

Top Bottom