How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Called yesterday (exactly 3 weeks) no luck yet....figured it was worth a try. I will try again on monday. The wait is killing me. I want my 1911 so badly.

Boston Class A Sport/Target restrictions
Got it in the mail today!!!! 8 weeks and 1 day from fingerprints to receiving in the mail. However, it was 7 weeks to the day from the Moon Island range test

Newton - 6 weeks from date of application. LTC-A with T&H restricted. Straightforward process, the issuing Lt. seems reasonable. He said to come back next time to get restrictions removed. The wait begins...

Newton - 6 weeks from date of application. LTC-A with T&H restricted. Straightforward process, the issuing Lt. seems reasonable. He said to come back next time to get restrictions removed. The wait begins...

Newton? Unless something has changed there, You wont ever see "Restrictions:None" [sad]

Uxbridge, wife and I both applied for Class A LTC: took about 2 weeks, don't remember the exact timing, other than being surprised at how quick it was.

I am having an absolute NIGHTMARE in Peabody. I interviewed on 2/9/2010.... as of 5/8/2010, nothing.... I have reached out to the Armory Detective via phone and email a few times very politely to inquire on status and if this is the norm. Never responded.... mind you I am a 34 yr old business executive w/no criminal history. Not even as much as a speeding ticket... All I want is to have my expectations set - if it takes 16 weeks, fine it is what it is but I can't even get a reply. My NRA safety class instructor commented that he has never seen a LTC process take this long and close friends in LE of other Mass towns have also commented that the process can take a while but this is pushing it...

Any advice is welcomed.

Westfield MA
LTC-A No Restrictions
About 8 weeks from application to receiving it in the mail (Best Cinqo De Mayo ever!)

Called at about 6 weeks to inquire, dispatch said the Chief was out sick for a few weeks and that held up the process.

I am having an absolute NIGHTMARE in Peabody. I interviewed on 2/9/2010.... as of 5/8/2010, nothing.... I have reached out to the Armory Detective via phone and email a few times very politely to inquire on status and if this is the norm. Never responded.... mind you I am a 34 yr old business executive w/no criminal history. Not even as much as a speeding ticket... All I want is to have my expectations set - if it takes 16 weeks, fine it is what it is but I can't even get a reply. My NRA safety class instructor commented that he has never seen a LTC process take this long and close friends in LE of other Mass towns have also commented that the process can take a while but this is pushing it...

Any advice is welcomed.

Time for a personal visit. You know you're gonna get a neutered license anyway so IMO there is no harm in trying to corner the guy.

Time for a personal visit. You know you're gonna get a neutered license anyway so IMO there is no harm in trying to corner the guy.

Thx Yanici - I went that route at the end of Week 10. The desk Sergent was very cordial (as was the Detective when I interviewed/applied). He told me that it took him 8 weeks when he was coming out of the academy and getting onto the job and to "...give it a few more weeks...", "...process isn't perfect esp since it goes up to the States..." However, I did not speak with the Armorer, just the desk duty officer. Prob will make another visit later this week... The lack of communication is the most frustrating part of this.

He told me that it took him 8 weeks when he was coming out of the academy and getting onto the job and to "...give it a few more weeks...", "...process isn't perfect esp since it goes up to the States..."

What is THAT supposed to mean?

You are being jerked around.

What is THAT supposed to mean?

You are being jerked around.

I think he's implying that since the background check is done by the State PD, the delay is on them... I'm sure I'm being jerked around. Hell, I can't even get a call back. The more I read the more I'm realizing that I picked on hell of a town to buy a house in. If I had gone a town or two further North, it doesn't seem nearly as bad.. :sigh:

Every time I investigated a delay supposedly caused "by the state," it was caused by the obstructionism of the local PD - which lied about it.

Every time I investigated a delay supposedly caused "by the state," it was caused by the obstructionism of the local PD - which lied about it.

not uncommon, when I applied for my LTC, I was told "state holdup...". turns out it was on the LO's desk, I got the CHSB to help me out, at the time, not sure they will give people much info anymore, but then again, I havent needed to find out yet....

it took four and a half weeks for me.I live in marblehead .would have been sooner, but gun officer here had a week of off site training so it prob.sat on his desk all week.... LTC A unrestricted btw...

Back
Top Bottom