How long did ordering a gun at an ffl take you?

I am curious to see how long it took the average person to receive a firearm they ordered at an ffl. Any feedback welcome. I am asking because I ordered a common pump shotgun over a month ago and keep getting told they have no idea when it will come in. It's a very respected ffl which is why I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt. I was told it would take about 5 business days when I ordered and paid in full. It' s a little frustrating, but I am trying to be patient (the skeet range has been open for about two weeks now, aahhh!) after the nearly 4 months it took to receive my permit. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

for a pump shotgun? a week, maybe 2 at best. did you shop around, and see if any other dealers had the same shotgun in stock?

i mean, cmon. its a shotgun! or was it some sort of mag-fed flash suppressing assault shotgun? (that might take a while longer lol)

good luck!

It was a base Remington 870 to be honest. I was referred to this dealer by many. I called they said it was in stock. I drove up, they said no base models in it would take about 5 days to get it in. I said alright no problem, i'll pay now. Thought I was good to go for next week.

Also, since this is my first thread, after being a longtime lurker, just wanted to say great site guys. Great community. Keep up the good work. Never let anyone take away your AMERICAN Rights and Freedoms.

Bought a Remington 700p a couple of weeks ago. I emailed/called a couple FFL's that I've worked with and are close to my home. One was saying 2-3 months or more. Another thought they could get it in a few weeks.

By chance I was buying a rifle from another FFL and asked when I was there. He could get it in a few business days.

The difference??? The FFL's all work with different distributors. Their supply channels are different. Sometimes you just get lucky trying one over another. I was lucky I walked into one that had the ability to get one quickly.

These days a lot of it is luck of the draw.

Good luck,

Rich

Back
Top Bottom