How do you store your ammo?...

I've seen some people who have a separate safe for their ammo, other's who keep it in ammo cans, some use [FONT=tahoma, arial]desiccant packs, others don't. I just want to know what you guys do.[/FONT]

I store mine as single rounds squirreled away in cracks and crevices. Plus I use a coupe of rounds to stabilize wobbly chairs.

On the floor, or on a shelf

465684_690885588000_1577500201_o.jpg

Last edited:
IF I did have any ammo, and I am not saying I have any....

they would be stored in Metal Ammo cans, in stripper clips with Silica packs.

You can also store them loose in capped PVC pipes hidden underground on your property or in the woods...[tinfoil]

Wherever it will fit. Some in small boxes is locked in an old LP record cabinet I picked up at Salvation Army. Surplus stuff is in crates with a big chain wrapped through all of the handles and padlocked. A bunch is in various size ammo cans with locks. Some is in the safes.

Loaded in Pmags scattered all over my room next to the empties.

I know you were not srs, but, question: I have 1 mag that is always loaded, but my question is, how bad is it for the mag to be loaded for long periods of time, and, is this an efficient way to keep/store your ammo?

I know you were not srs, but, question: I have 1 mag that is always loaded, but my question is, how bad is it for the mag to be loaded for long periods of time, and, is this an efficient way to keep/store your ammo?

LTC Chuck Santose (knowledgeable expert on the AR15) discovered some loaded mags from his days in 'Nam, some 40 years later. He used them and they ran just fine.

Others who are knowledgeable of metallurgy claim that it is the cycling of empty-full-empty-full-etc. that actually effects springs and that being at "rest" or at "tension" does not. I'm not qualified to judge, but I do have mags loaded for years with no problems.

Last edited:
I got the stackon RTA ammo cabinet and use a silica pack (the plug in one) do a search, cabelas has them. Works great

I try not to stack them more than 2 pallets high, because then its hard to move them quickly and if it's an emergency, you might have trouble yanking cans from the lower pallet.

Caliber-wise, I organize the pallets such that they are close to the locker containing the firearms that use them.

[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom