How Do You Open These Containers?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
My son won the Moisin Nagant at the TVI benefit shoot about 10 years ago. We either bought a container of ammo (or maybe it came with the rifle) and put it away.

He wanted to open it tonight so we pulled it out of storage and realized that we did not know the proper way to open it without causing any damage.

Guidance? Instructions?

IMG_0871.JPG

Image1__74772.1538754872.1280.1280.jpg

That was quick. With the information above I was able to find some on eBay and have one on the way.

Thanks!

The cans are easy to open with the can opener. One thing thats really important to note is the metal is super sharp and there is going to be plenty of chances for you to cut yourself if your not careful.

I've cut a ton of these cans open. I havent gotten myself yet but I've been close. The Czech zinc cans are by far the hardest combloc nightmares to open that I've found. They come with this little pull string that tears it open for you, but that usually breaks. And it's packed super tight so prying it off it a bitch. And since you cant use a can opener its a slog and don't forget about mega sharp edges. [rofl]

for better or worse the wars have dried most of this shit up or made it really expensive. I think the east is packaging this stuff in plastic now? yes please.

I like to put a small hole in the bottom and use tin snips to cut a hole big enough to get the ammo out , then it can be displayed

forrest, if you need to borrow one, we are not too far apart, I have one you can use, probably even an extra you can have.

edit: read you ordered one already...shoulve read the whole thread first lol. have fun x54r is a fun stout round. keep in mind that is likely corrosive so a quick barrel and bolt clean with something like windex after shooting it will be prudent to avoid rust! cheers

Frosty, I remember how excited your son was when he found out he won the Moison. He will remember that day forever. Good Dad there too.

Back
Top Bottom