• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do you handle an attack by a trained dog?

A dogs " Achilles heel " is its sternum. If you're " kuratty " enough to hit its sternum with a knees strike the dog will be very very sorry. Like " Game over " sorry.

They are also built entirely for frontal aggression , sideways / lateral strikes to its joints will cripple it.

Either of these concepts against a dog that isn't trying to maim you means you ****ing deserve it , though.

I remember being told if a dog is on top of you to grab the front legs and pull them apart that it would crack there sternum

One day when I was about 13, I was tying my skates on the wrong side of the pond. The lady that lived there ( now the animal control officer ) had a Russian Wolf hound that used to love chasing cars and two Dobermans. I didn't see any of the Dobie's outside, so I started putting my skates on. I had one skate on and was putting the other one on when one of the Dobie's jumped on my back and was biting my shoulder and neck. My coat was pretty thick, but I was bruised and bleeding a little. I scrambled onto the ice on all fours, once I got out a ways I flipped the dog off my back and grabbed his back leg, then I stood up turning him over and I started biting his foot right on the pad. He was trying to kick me in the face with his other hind leg but I wouldn't let it go. He was yelping because I wouldn't let go, my teeth were like a bear trap. All the while my brothers and friends that were on the street side of the pond were racing across the ice towards me banging their sticks on the ice and yelling. Then the dogs owner, who was mucking stalls in her barn, had heard the commotion and had come outside. She started calling the dog. I let him go and he was slipping and falling trying to get off the ice. Once he made it to the shore, he limped up to her. I got a dirty look. It's then I realized that dog must've run through her big pile of horseshit to get to me. It took a while to get that taste out of my mouth [puke]

I've talked to an experienced martial artist about this recently. He went into a long explanation of using a knife or baton, choking, pepper sprays, etc. After a very detailed treatise of how to reliably defend yourself from a dog, his conclusion was that a gun was the only reliable way to go if you have a choice. If available, use a rifle. If all you have is a handgun then go with that.

To anyone who says dogs are a terrible form of protection...You are more than welcome to put on the bite sleeve and try and evade my shepherd. 120lbs from west Germany. He is protection trained, schutzhund 2 dog. He has more speed and power than most people and a keen judge of character. He is a great line of defense. I use him in my shop as a deterrent.

As for handling an attacking dog...Good luck..Fight dirty...go for their eyes or beans I guess! lol. They say don't show fear...Not possible if you ask me.

To anyone who says dogs are a terrible form of protection...You are more than welcome to put on the bite sleeve and try and evade my shepherd. 120lbs from west Germany. He is protection trained, schutzhund 2 dog. He has more speed and power than most people and a keen judge of character. He is a great line of defense. I use him in my shop as a deterrent.

As for handling an attacking dog...Good luck..Fight dirty...go for their eyes or beans I guess! lol. They say don't show fear...Not possible if you ask me.

West Germany? How old is he? Do his hips still work? [laugh]

When a large dog bites down on you, and starts shaking, you won't be able to do anything yell and hope someone helps you.

I have been bitten badly twice, both my German Shepherds.

The pain is so great that you will be borderline to passing out.

See I didn't feel it until well after my face was reconstructed, he bit I latched onto his throat and squeezed he let go and I pinned him in submission

Back
Top Bottom