• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How do one get a Machine Gun license in mass

How many times do I have to shout this from the rooftops? [wink]

GO ASK THEM!

I think we often avoid a conversation like this because we may not get the answer we want. Psychologically no one wants to hear the answer "NO", and perhaps have the LEO looking at you like you have two heads. Kinda like avoiding asking someone for a date because they might say no. Why put your ego at risk?

For many it is just easier to get the answer back channel.

FYI that is one reason good sales people can make a ton of dough. They expect to hear no, and their job is to turn the no into a yes. That is hard to do, but when done well it is a thing of beauty!

Cheers,

Rich

I figured the Chief had better things to do, lol.

One thing I will add, as it seems you are fairly new to the "NFA world" do a good amount of research BEFORE you go see the PD. You don't want to go in having a "speach" set in your mind, only to get hung up when he starts asking "unexpected" questions. Don't wanna look like a boob when you are asking to buy MG's...

One thing I will add, as it seems you are fairly new to the "NFA world" do a good amount of research BEFORE you go see the PD. You don't want to go in having a "speach" set in your mind, only to get hung up when he starts asking "unexpected" questions. Don't wanna look like a boob when you are asking to buy MG's...

Thanks for the advice [grin]

It's important for all those out there that want to get a MG license to realize that the cheapest MG they can get is going to be around $3,000, for a SWD M11/9. The average AR-15 conversion goes for around $10,000 and AK-47s can go for $14,000. Uzis are a steal at $6,000. The license without the MG is kinda a hollow victory. You might as well save the $100 unless you are going to buy a MG.

--EasyD

Damn you and your reality. [wink]

I got my MG license a couple of months ago. I went with the C & R collector route. Never met with the chief, his secretary handled the whole thing. It was treated as a separate license. Only question the chief had was how the weapons would be secured, seemed a reasonable question to me. Approval was quick and without a hitch.
Good Luck

I got my MG license a couple of months ago. I went with the C & R collector route. Never met with the chief, his secretary handled the whole thing. It was treated as a separate license. Only question the chief had was how the weapons would be secured, seemed a reasonable question to me. Approval was quick and without a hitch.
Good Luck

What town, if you don't mind my asking?

I got mine for shits and giggles. I went the MPTC instructor route though. more fun :D

Sent from... the future

Back
Top Bottom