• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How Banks Unwittingly Finance Mass Shootings

The communist sympathizers on CNBC were covering this story this morning. Using credit card processors to censor free speech has worked so well that they now want to use it as a tool to restrict people from buying guns....

[SNIPPET]
The New York Times reviewed hundreds of documents including police reports, bank records and investigator notes from a decade of mass shootings. Many of the killers built their stockpiles of high-powered weapons with the convenience of credit. No one was watching.

How Credit Cards Are Used to Finance Mass Shootings

We should have all reached a point by now where we fully understand that the anti-gunners aren't going to stop trying to ban guns and aren't going to stop coming up with a gazillion reasons as to how they are gonna do it.

They have played their hand.

Gun owners have yet to effectly counter due to poor organization and rabid in-fighting. Eventually the hourglass runs out of sand.

We should have all reached a point by now where we fully understand that the anti-gunners aren't going to stop trying to ban guns and aren't going to stop coming up with a gazillion reasons as to how they are gonna do it.

They have played their hand.

Gun owners have yet to effectly counter due to poor organization and rabid in-fighting. Eventually the hourglass runs out of sand.
Reminds me of this line. I changed "you" to "we" We are like the 14th century Scottish always infighting and never organized.

"We are nothing but unorganized grab-ass-tic pieces of amphibian shit! "

Here is the whole speech. I love the way this movie starts.

View: https://youtu.be/-ZYlXEUo-Lo

Don't kid yourself into thinking this is not already happening. I have been through three Credit Card processors who ultimately shut off my account because I sell GUNZ. The processor I have now is ok as long as I ALWAYS swipe. That is, I can never key in the card, do a sale over the internet, etc, even for accessories, deposits, etc. Sorry gunbroker, you have to send postal money orders because my CC processor hates you.

The only full service processors I can get are the old school ones with horrendous fee structures. All the modern fixed % fee for all transaction processors are anti-gun and will not support firearms shops. You need significant volume to use the traditional processing companies that have no issue with firearms. Low volume? You are screwed.

The communist sympathizers on CNBC were covering this story this morning. Using credit card processors to censor free speech has worked so well that they now want to use it as a tool to restrict people from buying guns....

[SNIPPET]
The New York Times reviewed hundreds of documents including police reports, bank records and investigator notes from a decade of mass shootings. Many of the killers built their stockpiles of high-powered weapons with the convenience of credit. No one was watching.

How Credit Cards Are Used to Finance Mass Shootings

I only use cash for all shopping, period.

I’m at least happy to see the ACLU pointing out how intrusive such a system would be.
The ACLU's Position on Gun Control
Some state-level orgs break ranks with the National ACLU, for example RI-ACLU's opposition to "Red Flag", and the national ACLU filed in support of the NRA's lawsuit against New York.

NYTimes said:
And a policy expert at the American Civil Liberties Union recently expressed concern about how efforts to prevent mass shootings could infringe on individual rights. “The implication of expecting the government to detect and prevent every mass shooting is believing the government should play an enormously intrusive role in American life,” Jay Stanley, senior policy analyst at the A.C.L.U. Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project, wrote in July.
Seems the ACLU dislikes intrusive surveillance even more than they dislike guns.

...which is precisely why the Usual Suspects are pushing HARD for cashless.

My theory has always been if you give yourself a budget in cash, you are more careful how you spend it. I do it with my kids. Give your kids a card and there’s zero appreciation for budget or how it was earned.

My theory has always been if you give yourself a budget in cash, you are more careful how you spend it. I do it with my kids. Give your kids a card and there’s zero appreciation for budget or how it was earned.
Of course. But profligate spending is part of The Plan as well, though the primary has always been the desire to track and, as we're seeing, control.

I don't like shelling out the extra .03% for using a card
I make +1% off points, so I always ask my LGS what kind of cash discount they can offer -- if it beats the point value, I'll pay cash (if I planned ahead and have that much on me).

It's also a good way to haggle -- Price tag says $325? I've got $300 in cash, will you take that?

.... better yet, I don't like paying taxes either and happily use the classifieds here to beat Taxman as often as possible :)
Taxes? what are these "taxes" you speak of?

I don't like shelling out the extra .03% for using a card.... better yet, I don't like paying taxes either and happily use the classifieds here to beat Taxman as often as possible :)
You personally have to pay .03% to use a card? What card is this? Thanks.

You personally have to pay .03% to use a card? What card is this? Thanks.

I'm guessing he means that many (most) businesses build in that fee the processor charges into the price and if they offer that percent discount for cash, he would just pay cash?

I make +1% off points, so I always ask my LGS what kind of cash discount they can offer -- if it beats the point value, I'll pay cash (if I planned ahead and have that much on me).

It's also a good way to haggle -- Price tag says $325? I've got $300 in cash, will you take that?

WAAAAAY too much human interaction! [laugh]

All businesses that take plastic build the fee into their prices. Very few offer a cash discount even when asked in my experience.

All businesses that take plastic build the fee into their prices. Very few offer a cash discount even when asked in my experience.

I know of at least 2 popular gun stores that have different prices for credit cards and cash - one in NH, and the other in MA.

Different profit margins/marketplaces. A competitive gun shop for example doesn't make crap off most common guns, say maybe $50 on a commodity handgun. that's not a lot of money. so on a $600 handgun the CC fees are f***ing the dealer out of like $18 or more. That adds up, quickly. It's not at all like selling a set of towels for $50.00 that cost you $10 to make in sri lanka or something. Other types of retail have better margins to play with. They also negotiate better deals with the CC processors because of their size.

The high profit % items in a gun shop are rarely the guns.

-Mike

Might as well blame the Bureau of Engraving and Printing for making the cash, or the fed for inserting it into circulation.

maybe next they will try to outlaw buying sugary foods and grains on credit card since we now those things lead to obesity and heart disease and diabetes.

Back
Top Bottom