• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How bad does snub nose kick?

I have several snubbies. My 337 air weight Ti sucks to shoot. But it’s an awesome carry gun due to its weight.

Paid ~$100 more over the regular air weight as the weight difference was that noticeable.

None of these are range guns. Embrace the suck recoil wise for a small profile

View attachment 584731
I also have the 337pd black and it kicks like a mule but I love to carry it, sometimes I forget it's even there. I think it's 10.8 OZ unloaded.

Say compared to a sub-compact polymer 9? Not micro 9 of course.
If you have to ask, don't buy one.

Serious ... it all depends on each person. I will shoot a 45/70 revolver all day, some people take one shot and their vag starts bleeding.

my s&w 340pd (scandium/titanium, under 12ounces, tiny handle) is comical in .357. I put 1 round in and let ppl shoot it for giggles

View attachment 584265
I’ve got the 360 PD.. If you load the most powerful 357 cartridges in it but it’s like a bitch the first time I put 10 rounds through it my hand hurt and I’m not a pussy.

A lot of people say the 357 through such a short barrel doesn’t make a difference. I’ve beg to Differ if every action hasn’t opposite equal the action.. yeah sure as f*** wouldn’t wanna get shot with it. With a good ammo I bet it doesn’t over penetrate. It would make a goddamn mess at point blank range. I’ve got the Crimson trace grip on it. The sites are not really accurate neither are the laser beams but at 5 feet you’re not gonna miss..

I couldn’t imagine letting a couple shots rip into somebody.. It would be an absolute horror show

It’s already a feather weight and then you add the titanium cylinder to it. The issue with that revolver is it’s so light you could lose it and not even know

Last edited:
You also definitely want the expose hammer. Really increases your accuracy… I get not wanting the hammer to snag on things but In my opinion Id just start shooting through my pocket

Lol, if a 640 beats you up that bad then the 340PD would probably send you to the hospital.

I fired full house out of my 640 with the big grips that it had come with, it was stupid, but didnt hurt. It hurt a lot more when I changed it to hogue boot grips.

Honestly for 357 snubs if you're not shooting stuff like speer short barrel 357 mag (for SD purposes) you're just punishing yourself for not much benefit. It's 90% the juice of
full blown 357 magnum with a lot less recoil and drama.

Love to shoot lever gun loads out of a snub.

Hadouken!

Kimber is having problems? I thought they had a good reputation.

It's a krapber, it /might/ be fine bit that's not a bet id want be taking with a tiny semi from krapber

They had this gun called a solo which was also a fussy pos, too.

Plus, who wants a tiny carry gun with an exposed hammer on it? Yuck.

I've got a '67 Charter Arms Undercover 38spl, and a Ruger SP101 .357 snubbie. For my hands, the Charter Arms revolver works a lot better. I can keep that thing right on target, firing DA, while gripping in either hand with a slight cant. The fit of the Ruger just does not work for me. Even in the lighter weight Charter Arms, the recoil isn't what I'd call significant. I've got a bunch of 9mm pistols, and the Charter Arms is just as easy to handle, if not easier in some instances. I didn't expect that little grip to work, but it does.

For reference:
146193-charter-undercover-38-special-pr50889.jpg

You also definitely want the expose hammer. Really increases your accuracy… I get not wanting the hammer to snag on things but In my opinion Id just start shooting through my pocket
With scandium snd titanium snubbie shooting 357M, I’ve gathered that even a skilled revolver shooter needs all the help they can get for accuracy, though the only scenarios I can think of that would qualify for single action are defense of others, like the headshot that guy made with a full size semiauto on that shotgun wielding man in that church in Texas. Having said that, the YouTuber called Buffalo made an impression on me about what I should be able to do in double action in general. I don’t miss having single action on my 642, and I rarely use it on my SP101, usually when I’m tired of shooting all around a clay on the berm, coming close but not actually hitting it.

With scandium snd titanium snubbie shooting 357M, I’ve gathered that even a skilled revolver shooter needs all the help they can get for accuracy, though the only scenarios I can think of that would qualify for single action are defense of others, like the headshot that guy made with a full size semiauto on that shotgun wielding man in that church in Texas. Having said that, the YouTuber called Buffalo made an impression on me about what I should be able to do in double action in general. I don’t miss having single action on my 642, and I rarely use it on my SP101, usually when I’m tired of shooting all around a clay on the berm, coming close but not actually hitting it.
That sums it up perfectly the single action features does nice when you’re f***ing around. I’m usually not taking follow up shots with my 357.

It’s why I understand why a lot of people like the hammerless ones. Because when you use it for its intended purpose it doesn’t really matter but it’s nice to be able to make an accurate first shot

I have an SP101 DAO, a 686+ 4" and a 586 4" - I like my guns big and heavy for a reason. The lightest guns I own are my Glocks and the XL. Other than that, they're all tanks....even the Beretta Cheetahs.

Back
Top Bottom