How Are Things Going In NH?

I made it home for a short time around Thanksgiving, but besides that... been away for a long time. I'm currently in NV, which though is almost like NH gun-law wise, takes 90+ days to 'process' your application. How long exactly does it take to run a background check????? And how much does it cost???? Not what they charge I'm sure. And the permit lists what you are carrying. You have a Kimber TLE on you? Well, your permit says Kimber Raptor, so you're in deep trouble. Oh, man. I guess NH has me spoiled. I'll be back at Christmas to see my wife, cats, and grab my renewed permit.

But I'm guessing NH is still safe and secure, gun-law wise? At least until more Mass-holes move in and take over?

Secesh
And the permit lists what you are carrying. You have a Kimber TLE on you? Well, your permit says Kimber Raptor, so you're in deep trouble.

How many spaces or extra pages can you fill in for guns to be carried? It would be fun to submit 20 or so...

NY permits are the same, lists gun and serial #. After buying or selling you need to bring the gun or paperwork to the police station. Don't know what they will do when the last typewriter breaks...

But I'm guessing NH is still safe and secure, gun-law wise? At least until more Mass-holes move in and take over?

Yup it's quite safe and secure (especially with all the gun owners around here) As for the Mass-holes.....NH isn't and will never be north MA. Please say it over and over until it sinks in. I assume you've heard the results from the recent election. There will be a veto proof majority in our favor.

And a lot of the Mass-holes, like yours truly, plan on moving up there because it's "free". We don't want to turn into New Massachusetts.

And a lot of the Mass-holes, like yours truly, plan on moving up there because it's "free". We don't want to turn into New Massachusetts.

No offense intended. I was referring to the anti's who would like to see NH like MA (not the otherway around like those on this board).

You must not be that familiar with NH. If anything things are moving MORE in the favor of the gun owner, especially now that the moonbats no longer have control of the state legislature there. Not to mention, the gun laws are politically like the sales tax.... movement in the wrong direction is not tolerated by the voters on that issue.

-Mike

You must not be that familiar with NH. If anything things are moving MORE in the favor of the gun owner, especially now that the moonbats no longer have control of the state legislature there. Not to mention, the gun laws are politically like the sales tax.... movement in the wrong direction is not tolerated by the voters on that issue.

-Mike

I'm sorry, but I am familiar with NH. The southern areas, from what I've seen have had a large influx from MA, and perhaps other areas. Especially when the job market was great. I know that in my neighborhood my wife only felt comfortable mentioning owning guns to two people; one a part-time town cop, the other an ex-Marine. Otherwise most of them are families from Mass and I saw more than one Obama sign out front. I can't believe that I live in the only such area.

There was another post from someone wondering about towns near Portsmouth that aren't that gun-friendly. Yes, the towns don't have any choice in issuing permits. But that doesn't stop town Chiefs hoping it changes. I haven't heard all that great things about the Manchester Chief. Is that a sign, an anomoly, or have I misread posts in the past? I'm not talking about the individual officers, but those in charge. It's always started somewhere, hasn't it? I'm currently working in NV, which is about as gun-friendly as NH. But from what I've heard on the local forums there have been a lot of California people moving in and bringing their liberal views with them. So far they haven't changed anything, but it doesn't mean they won't or haven't been trying. Hopefully NH will always stay the way it is, but it's silly to think that some people won't try to change it. Are all police Chiefs elected? If so then every single one in the state should be lobbying the state for not needing a permit to carry. Just my thought, but obviously I don't know anything about the state.

NY permits are the same, lists gun and serial #. After buying or selling you need to bring the gun or paperwork to the police station. Don't know what they will do when the last typewriter breaks...

The huge difference is that Nevada licenses are only for carrying concealed. If you just want to buy a handgun for home defense, collection, sport, or just because you feel like it, you walk into any NV dealer, fill out a 4473, call the FBI, get OKd, pay, and walk out.

NY permits exist to control who can even own handguns, and you cannot pick up one from the store until the county judge decided you can.

Worlds of difference.

I'm a librarian in the Lakes Region and once in a while we get some vacationing soccer mom all freaked out that guns may be in the building. If I'm working they certainly are.

My job has me in meeting with other librarians in the state from time to time and that director in Portsmouth got me all bothered. Apparently they have some free staters there and didn't like guns appearing in their library so they together with the cops and some lawyers and made it a "rule" that no guns are permitted in the building.

NH isn't immune to stupidity and I hope we don't get complacent about our rights.

I'm sorry, but I am familiar with NH. The southern areas, from what I've seen have had a large influx from MA, and perhaps other areas. Especially when the job market was great. I know that in my neighborhood my wife only felt comfortable mentioning owning guns to two people; one a part-time town cop, the other an ex-Marine. Otherwise most of them are families from Mass and I saw more than one Obama sign out front. I can't believe that I live in the only such area.

There was another post from someone wondering about towns near Portsmouth that aren't that gun-friendly. Yes, the towns don't have any choice in issuing permits. But that doesn't stop town Chiefs hoping it changes. I haven't heard all that great things about the Manchester Chief. Is that a sign, an anomoly, or have I misread posts in the past? I'm not talking about the individual officers, but those in charge. It's always started somewhere, hasn't it? I'm currently working in NV, which is about as gun-friendly as NH. But from what I've heard on the local forums there have been a lot of California people moving in and bringing their liberal views with them. So far they haven't changed anything, but it doesn't mean they won't or haven't been trying. Hopefully NH will always stay the way it is, but it's silly to think that some people won't try to change it. Are all police Chiefs elected? If so then every single one in the state should be lobbying the state for not needing a permit to carry. Just my thought, but obviously I don't know anything about the state.

Mike's right. Chiefs of Police can "not like" anything they choose, but they don't make laws, legislator's do. And with the current crop of legislators, nothing much is going to happen in the way of any anti-gun agenda.

There's a clear line between vigilance and Chicken Little. Mind you don't cross it unnecessarily.

There's a clear line between vigilance and Chicken Little. Mind you don't cross it unnecessarily.

Jesus, I was posting thoughts and asking a couple of questions, not calling for an armed rebellion over nothing. I'll try to Mind things in the future and not ask.

Jesus, I was posting thoughts and asking a couple of questions, not calling for an armed rebellion over nothing. I'll try to Mind things in the future and not ask.

You really need to work on the thickness of your skin.

Reread your response to Mike's post, especially how the first line reads, and see if you don't see an (unwarranted) alarmist tone. The NH Legislature just went through a violent correction to the right, and people still see Martha Fuller-Clark under their beds. Sorry if my rather tepid comment scratched you delicate sensibilities.

You really need to work on the thickness of your skin.

Reread your response to Mike's post, especially how the first line reads, and see if you don't see an (unwarranted) alarmist tone. The NH Legislature just went through a violent correction to the right, and people still see Martha Fuller-Clark under their beds. Sorry if my rather tepid comment scratched you delicate sensibilities.

Last time I looked under the bed was for a lost sock. Never did find it [sad]

Back
Top Bottom