House Review of S2284 (formerly SB 2265)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for a response from Richard Ross, but can anyone tell where he generally stands on this bill?

edit: Just got confirmation that the honorable Richard Ross supports the Senate version of the bill, and not the house version.

Last edited:
I like to think that any delays are due to Peterson, Timilty, Tarr, et all, digging in their heals and not giving in to demands to grant 'suitability' for FIDs.
If they dig in, will the committee pass it as it stands just so they can do 'something'

If they dig in, will the committee pass it as it stands just so they can do 'something'

The committee can't pass the bill itself (someone correct me if I'm off base here). Whatever they come up with has to go back to both the House and Senate for another vote, and the bill can't be further amended at that point. It's take it as-is or leave it.

What if it doesn't come out of the conference committee?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Then it's dead...no law this legislative session will be passed since it ends tomorrow (7/31). That is a double edged sword as next session I have heard we will be losing some pro 2A legislators, so anything they draft could be worse, but that's just speculation.

Then, we may have the lunatic Tolman to worry about as well. He seems like he is from another planet and a complete liberal nut job. But I'm getting way ahead of myself...let's worry about this bill first!

The committee can't pass the bill itself (someone correct me if I'm off base here). Whatever they come up with has to go back to both the House and Senate for another vote, and the bill can't be further amended at that point. It's take it as-is or leave it.
Poor choice of words on my part.
I mean that they would release it from the committee for a fast vote in both houses

Then it's dead...no law this legislative session will be passed since it ends tomorrow (7/31). That is a double edged sword as next session I have heard we will be losing some pro 2A legislators, so anything they draft could be worse, but that's just speculation.

Then, we may have the lunatic Tolman to worry about as well. He seems like he is from another planet and a complete liberal nut job. But I'm getting way ahead of myself...let's worry about this bill first!

I see this as a good thing, it exposes who the nuts truly are, live and in HD

From GOAL's FB page a few mins ago....

Word from the State House is that the Conference Committee has to come to an agreement on the future of S.2265/H.4285 before 8:00 PM tonight. GOAL Exec. Director Jim Wallace is at the State House awaiting the committee's vote. We will broadcast info as soon as we have it. Stay tuned!

From GOAL's FB page a few mins ago....

Word from the State House is that the Conference Committee has to come to an agreement on the future of S.2265/H.4285 before 8:00 PM tonight. GOAL Exec. Director Jim Wallace is at the State House awaiting the committee's vote. We will broadcast info as soon as we have it. Stay tuned!

Good to know...........thanks for the warning.....CVS is open till 9:00 so I'll head out now to get a tube of KY

Its not even a question if it is going through or not. They are gonna push it through just because it will make it look like they are accomplishing something. The only question is if it will have FID suitability or not. Imagine the fallout and the "they are caving to the NRA" if nothing passes.

No matter what happens, they will blame the NRA regardless.

I know it. The thing is, if this legislation fails, Rosenthal and the COPs will have nobody but themselves to blame.

What did the NRA do, anyway, beside send us emails that were a day behind?

I know it. The thing is, if this legislation fails, Rosenthal and the COPs will have nobody but themselves to blame.

What did the NRA do, anyway, beside send us emails that were a day behind?

I got a few postcards with inaccurate/misleading information.

I got a few postcards with inaccurate/misleading information.

I got the post card ... FIVE days AFTER the house vote. Thanks NRA, great job as usual.

On the gripping hand, though, if Rosenthal, MaCOPA and the rest want to blame the NRA, that's fine with me; let them discount GOAL and us ...

R

I called members of the committee earlier.

The antis didn't even care who I was.

Peterson, Timilty, and Tarr took down my name.

Well, since the others don't care to ask my name, I'll call again.

Just got the NRA robocall.

I hope the phones get lit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom