House bill 1570, suppressor legalization!

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member
FYI there are public hearings on this tomorrow

House Bill 1570 legalizes civilian ownership and use of suppressors for legal purposes in Massachusetts. Firearm suppressors, also referred to as “silencers”, are currently illegal to own under Massachusetts state law, as a civilian, despite the fact that they are legal to own under federal law and in 42 states. Suppressors are commonly used by hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Americans who appreciate the many benefits of reducing harmful sound.

As well as this

Senate Bill 942 and House Bill 1734 limit the number of firearms that can be sold or otherwise transferred to any person, to 15 firearms during any 1 year period, with limited exceptions. The legislation also would limit federal firearm licensees (FFLs) to only sell firearms designed or equipped with the ability to “micro-stamp” ammunition.

Three bills that in all likelihood won’t leave committee. The two anti bills generally are too far for them to pass favorably, but weirder things have happened… and as for the silencer bill… keep dreaming.

Theoretically would you guys trade this microstamping bullshit for ability to have a silencer?

I’ll trade for the micro stamping as long as I can use it as a legal defense when I deface the stamp and murder someone.

Hearing already happened today and it’s probably going to result in a “study order” like every year. Someone really needs to ask them how many studies it would take for them to figure out they don’t know shit and never will.

Hearing already happened today and it’s probably going to result in a “study order” like every year. Someone really needs to ask them how many studies it would take for them to figure out they don’t know shit and never will.
Sent to "study" means DOA. They never study the bills sent to "study". It's a surreptitious way of killing a bill without anyone going on record to kill the bill.

Back
Top Bottom