HOLSTERS?

There must be a few dozen threads about holsters, but I'm sick of mine and I want something more comfortable. I have an HK USP .40 Compact and have for the past 5 years have been wearing a Galco NSAII IWB holster. I'm 5'8" and 142lbs w/ a 29" waist. I have a lot of room left over on both sides of the holster because of my skinny waist. I've tried moving it to the front and I can't sit, I've tried moving it to the small of my back and I get an arm cramp reaching behind plus I can't sit. I have a Galco Skyops that takes an act of God to draw quickly and my favorite a Fobus paddle holster that I can only use when I layer clothing. I want a holster similar to the NSAII IWB but more comfortable and easily concealed. I wish you could snap your fingers and have the perfect holster but I know you have to try many different kinds before you find the right one, but at $60-$100 for a IWB leather holster that gets a little expensive so if any one is in my boat please sound off. Thanks.
P.S. I'm interested in all kinds of holsters.

Check out Comp-tac for IWB. I've had both their CTAC and MTAC and I love both. They're super comfortable. I think the CTAC conceals a bit better but I just got the MTAC so I can't say for certain. I'm 6' 175lbs with a 33" waist. The CTAC I had was for a glock 23 and my MTAC carries my glock 30 just for reference. The customer service is unreal, to boot!

+1 on the CTAC. I use it for my Sig 229 and love it. With that said I use a High Noon Holster tuckable iwb for my 239 and am just as happy. It took me a long time to find that combo. I'm 5'11" and 200lbs, both holsters conceal well and don'y bother the love handles.
good luck on your search!

eat more... [wink]
Shit, I can eat 12 Thanksgiving dinners in a row a day and not gain a pound. Sounds like bliss to most , but I'm the other end of the spectrum. My metabolism works on over drive. I'm 32 years of age and at 5'8" have never been over 150 lbs. I have a great appetite and eat 3 squares a day. Until 2 years ago I could not break 140 lbs. Rolling Snicker bars in Wonder bread and dipping them in GNC weight gainer shakes didn't help. I assume it will catch up to me, but selecting the right everyday holster is hard. Thanks for some suggestions.

I love my C-Tac holsters. I have 4 of them for different guns, and will continue to buy their products!

JAMMIN, I too have a C-TAC holster like these guys and love it. An HK USPc .40S&W happens to be my carry gun. If you'd like to give it a try, I'd be more than glad to let you try it out and see if you like it.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like

JAMMIN, I too have a C-TAC holster like these guys and love it. An HK USPc .40S&W happens to be my carry gun. If you'd like to give it a try, I'd be more than glad to let you try it out and see if you like it.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like
Hey man, thanks for the offer but I think I'm going to buy the MTAC, it looks like it would solve all my problems. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom