Holsters

GunGrey

Banned
Again another holster thread start by yours truly

Right now i carry with this OWB
opplanet-bianchi-57-remedy-leather-pancake-holster-s-w-m-p-9c-black-left-hand.jpg

I bough it when i still had restrictions on my license now that those are gone i can carry freely. Only problem with this holster is it sucks to carry with (fine for the range). After wearing it again today ive finally had enough thing was so uncomfortable that I almost took it off.

So Im looking at

the King tuk
KingTukGlock2.jpg

Or the Galco Trition

Tritonbeltloop.jpg

I was looking at CBST's but with a 5-6 week wait, screw that.

I've worn my G30 in a Kingtuk with no complaints for some time. I also have a Supertuck for my G19, I got it locally at first defense, no wait time....my thoughts as follows :

The kydex material and fit to the gun is better with the supertuck. More positive retention than with my kingtuck.

The supertuck has a more grippy backing to it than the kingtuck, helps it stay put a little better than the kingtuck.

The cut on the kingtuck is far superior to the non-combat cut on my supertuck, it allows you to get a full purchase on the gun as opposed to the supertuck ( non combat cut ) which does not leave much room for your thumb or tips of your fingers when drawing. I'm sending the supertuck back to crossbreed to have the combat cut done, they have been easy to deal with from a cust service side and have quoted me $10 to have the combat cut done.

All that said, I still did my kingtuck, and although the quality IMO is slightly better with the supertuck, I'll be rocking my kingtuck most of the time for a while to come.

I also have a couple holsters similiar to the triton you show, For a larger carry gun, like my G30 or G19 I like to have the anchor points far apart to help distibute the weight across a larger area. The close loops like that make it hard for me to not get the saggy pants.

What are you putting in this holster ?

Im have a M&P 40 fullsize

I know i can get the combat cut on the CBST but i hate the wait time. I like the Triton because its so small and wont take up half my side with a leather pad.

Galco sucks.

For IWB, I love my Crossbreed. I find it is better than the high dollar leather IWB holsters that I have.

Im have a M&P 40 fullsize

I know i can get the combat cut on the CBST but i hate the wait time. I like the Triton because its so small and wont take up half my side with a leather pad.

But as a result, in my experience, it is going to be much less comfortable.

Getting a Crossbreed mini-tuck for my XDs, but I say get the Galco if that's what you are considering. I hear great things about the KingTuk. I do need a paddle holster for my truck mount that I'm planning haha.

www.CrossbreedSeconds.com = used CB holsters for good prices. A lot of them are reserved though so hurry up derppppp.

I have list of things i want from the holster.

1. IWB
2. Adjustable cant
3. Adjustable height
4. Not overly huge
5. belt loops or clips wide apart to distribute weight
6. Not heavy

Getting a Crossbreed mini-tuck for my XDs, but I say get the Galco if that's what you are considering. I hear great things about the KingTuk. I do need a paddle holster for my truck mount that I'm planning haha.

www.CrossbreedSeconds.com = used CB holsters for good prices. A lot of them are reserved though so hurry up derppppp.

The one I bought was listed as "good" condition. It was brand new, not a mark on it. It has an "X" on either side of the Kydex, I assume that marks it as a blem... There's absolutely nothing I can find wrong with it. Would buy another one for sure.

1. IWB.
2. Adjustable cant
3. Adjustable height
4. Not overly huge
6. Not heavy

Comp-Tac fits all of these requirements

1. IWB
2. Adjustable cant
3. Adjustable height
4. Not overly huge
6. Not heavy

Check out old faithful holsters, you can save some money by putting it together yourself, and it's very customizable. I have one a Beretta and love it

The best part about buying them used is that they are usually already broken in. Now I only need one for my SR9c, G19, and XDs. My wallet hates me already. [laugh]

I know the op got his holster but I wanted to take a moment to illustrate my issue with the non combat cut crossbreed vs my kingtuk ( which I believe has a similar shape to the super tuck with the combat cut ), just in case others searching run across this thread.

Below is a photo of my kingtuk. Notice how the whole grip of the G19 is exposed. That allows for enough clearance between the grip and your body to get a full purchase on the grip upon the draw.

photo-1964.jpg

Next up is the super tuck ( non combat cut ). You can see only a small portion of the grip, most of the grip area is against the holster backing. In order to get a full purchase on the draw you need to squeeze your thumb and fingertips between the grip and the holster backing, for me, this was a big issue because I could not constantly repeat my grip when drawing.

photo-1164.jpg

Thanks for posting that picture it really shows the difference, from my google fu i found some threads on other forums that delt with drawing without the combat cut. Bottom line get the combat cut. others said to just let you thumb run over the back of the holster. We shall see what i will do with mine, if i feel the need for the combat cut i have no qualms about cutting the extra leather away.

For 35$ it was a heck of a deal and i dont have to wait the 3-5 week wait time, that was the deal breaker with me is that wait time was real shitty.

Ill post pic of the holster when it comes in the mail and if i choose to do the cut ill post up pics of that too.

Back
Top Bottom