Holster help

Bill Nance

Banned
I'm looking for some advice on a holster for my 1911A1:

Having experiments with this I will be carrying IWB with a right-hand draw carried at the small of the back.

Anyone using a rig like this and have some advice?

Thanks,

Bill

I tried carrying a 1911 in a small of the back holster but switched to strong side because, since I couldn't see the gun back there, I was constantly checking that my shirt was still covering it. It's also uncomfortable in a vehicle or sitting in a chair.

I actually used to carry a browning hi-power there and it was as comfy for me as strong-side. I can't for the life of me remember the make of the holster I had for it, but it had a leather backing that extended past the hammer so I didn't get jammed with it while sitting.

I tried it briefly in a crossbread sob holster for my 1911 commander. I found it uncomfortable while seated and it had the annoying habit of engaging the magazine release. I went back to right behind my right hip.
I hope you have better luck.

due to the slim profile of the 1911, you might wanna check a done hume p.c.c.h

i have one for mine and it's great!

more than welcome to try it on...

I'm not a big fan of SOB carry. Are you looking for horizontal? I enjoy all my Crossbreed and Southern holsters for a full size 1911 and similar guns.

It's funny how holsters are so personal. I own several desantis holsters and dislike them all.

Probably the best bet is to see if you can try a few. Unfortunately, I have no SOB holsters to offer.

Very true, had a Don Hume on a very strong personal reccomendation, and I hated it!! Then I found my true love (Desantis 002) [smile]

Back
Top Bottom