• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holster for SR22, suitable for work conditions/body type recommendations

Business owner with an unrestricted license.

I have a SR22 that I would like to carry at work. However I am at my desk often throughout the day and need to be able to carry comfortably.

Yes I know, people will chime in and say a .22 for personal protection/self defense??? I am in a glass store front, with neighbors behind thin walls.

I am 6'2, 210lbs. I have looked at waist band holsters and I can see that sitting for long hours at work would be an issue with chairs. However I have never tried one. I would also have a hard time concealing because of shirt length/etc.

My big concerns are comfort & prevention of an accidental discharge.

I bought one of these and carry by Beretta 92 and 5" 1911 in it. They have a smaller size too. It lies flat and has a rubber backing so it sticks and it's very light weight. Once you wedge the gun in there it stays put. They also sell one with a top strap for extra security. I love the thing. If you have to carry a 22 at least use CCI Mini Mags or other high quality ammo so you know it will go pop when you want it to go pop.

DeSantis makes some decent holsters, I find them comfortable and not real expensive, if you don't like it you won't be out much.

Go with a remora there cheap enough and very comfortable, and have some tuckable options Especially if this isn't your primary carry why spend a lot.

Remora's are good little holsters for short money. DAD35 for 35% off and 1 free mag holder.

I have a tuckable N82 holster for mine. It is comfortable and I don't think you will have to worry about the negligent ducharge especially if you have the safety engaged.

I don't have an issue with .22 for defense, especially with an SR22. I do recommend you determine what type/brand of ammo that it does or does not like first.

Reagan, a secret service agent, Brady and a DC police officer were all shot and out of the fight with one shot from a .22. Now, a revolver was used and he had some sort of explosive ammo but as I understand only the one that hit Brady "exploded."

Last edited:
Agree w everone.

My personal faves are IWB remora.
they dont have a clip and i find them stupid comfortable + easy to draw.

Back
Top Bottom