Hoffmans in CT has 100 AR's for "normal" prices

G30

Even though I will never shop there again due to their new "need a pistol permit to buy an assault style centerfire weapon from us" policy, I figured some of you might not care about that...they just put up a Facebook ad saying they have 100 AR's in stock for $839 that come with a 30rd Pmag and 40 rds of ammo. With the prices of Pmags and ammo right now, that actually might be a good deal.

Even though I will never shop there again due to their new "need a pistol permit to buy an assault style centerfire weapon from us" policy, I figured some of you might not care about that...they just put up a Facebook ad saying they have 100 AR's in stock for $839 that come with a 30rd Pmag and 40 rds of ammo. With the prices of Pmags and ammo right now, that actually might be a good deal.

I wonder how they'd handle a purchase by a non-CT resident.

ScottS said he's a non-resident, that's why I said he'd have to make the drive down twice or have it shipped to his local FFL.

Ah, gotcha, missed that part. If he has a non-res CT permit then that would still bypass the waiting period.

ScottS said he's a non-resident, that's why I said he'd have to make the drive down twice or have it shipped to his local FFL.

No he won't, if he has a CT non resident permit. If he doesn't they are not going to sell him a gun anyways, if their policy is
correct.

-Mike

IIRC, CT has some stupid 14 day waiting period to take possession of your purchase.
You'd have to make the drive down there twice or have it shipped to your local FFL.

Scott Hoffman is now refusing to honor the 14 day wait. Cash & carry only now for this type of gun.

Even if you had a Ct. permit and lived in Ma. if those M&Ps have adjustable stock it's no go in Ma**h***.

FWIW a Ct hunting license will also waive the 14 day waiting period and Hoffmans has said they will accept that in addition to the pistol permit. It seems they just do not want to sit on inventory right now.

Yes..if you live in Mass and have a non-resident Ct "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers"
You can buy a long gun with out the 14 day wait.
HOWEVER...some Ct gun shops do not understand the law and will not sell to you without the 14 day wait..
DISCLAIMER....Now if you don't agree with me this is ok..but I am telling you there ARE Ct gun shops that will not do it!!!!!!!!! And I guess it is your choice.
If you have the permit and they tell you this, ask them to call it in anyway.. When they call they will be told it is ok without the wait!!! If of course you can get them to call.

This is from personal experience, I am not just guessing!!!!!

Ah, gotcha, missed that part. If he has a non-res CT permit then that would still bypass the waiting period.

Pissing off customers. He's not selling without the waiting period when it's required, he's not selling if the wait is required.

Funny (well, not really from a CS perspective). But I was wondering what the actual penalty in law was for a dealer not adhering to the CT waiting period.

Mass resident, buying in long gun in Ct. FYI

One thing I forgot to mention here is...If you buy a long gun in Ct. whether you have the non resident permit or not...
They have a second 4 part form that you have to sign. You get one, dealer keeps one, one goes to Middletown Ct records dept. and the last gets sent to your home town Chief of Police.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...YxlWY9fSdmbsEaFeR14fg&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.dmQ

So now your Chief knows, which would lead me to believe you had better do an FA-10 within 7 days.
Which FA-10 you use is up to you, as that can start another whole post!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom