HK USP 45 - Good deal?

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I have a chance to pick one of these up at a good price with two mags. What do you all think?

Last edited:
Is it a USP .45 or the newer HK .45?

Either way it's a good deal if the gun is in good shape. The former routinely gets a price of $800+ in MA. so even if you don't like it you'll be able to turn it right around. The latter probably gets even more than that due to newness + rarity.

-Mike

I have a chance to pick one of these up at this price with two mags. What do you all think?

It's a terrible deal. Let me know who insulted you with this "deal" and I'll be sure to inform them the error of their ways...

[smile]

(Seriously, sounds like a great deal.)

As long as the gun is in decent shape it is a screaming deal. Make sure that the magazines are either 10 rounds or less, or are pre-ban.

As long as the gun is in decent shape it is a screaming deal. Make sure that the magazines are either 10 rounds or less, or are pre-ban.

No preban mags exist for H&K USP pistols, as the official word from H&K is that they were released after the crime bill was in effect.

No preban mags exist for H&K USP pistols, as the official word from H&K is that they were released after the crime bill was in effect.

That's what HK-USA says, but this has been proven to be factually untrue. There were at least 2 people that imported USP45 mags before the ban, with the ATF's blessing. HK-USA is just in denial because they hate the fact that someone circumvented their supply chain!

Edit: FWIW, this is the same "problem" that people have mentioned with the Walther P99 9mm prebans.
Walther/S+W sources have denied any existed, yet, Earl's Repair has import paperwork from wherever he got the
things from, before the ban. (For some reason, Turkey rings a bell.. ) Needless to say, these mags (HK and P99
mags) that were made on the cusp or just before the ban, often have insane prices... $90 and up is not
uncommon. )

For the USP9 and USP40, there are a lot of preban mags floating
around... I have a dozen of them for my USP40F. Some of those
are even date coded as being like 6/94 or something to that
effect.

It's the USPc/P2000 mags that definitely are verboten. The gun
didn't even exist in germany until well after the ban passed.

-Mike

Last edited:
You guys suck. I'm going to be eating Pop Tarts three meals/day for a while:

hk.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't be a player hater. Hate the game.
Play on Player...

A blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes. I guess we all out still to find ours.

What else can I say?

Nice piece.

Nothing wrong with getting a good deal when you can- it helps balance out all those times where you wanted something badly enough that you had to pay a little too much for it. I've been on
both sides of that coin. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom