HK Pistols

Here's my HK handgun collection:
HKhandguns.jpg

From upper left: USP Tactical 45, P7M8, USP 45 Compact, P7M13, P7M13

I've never handled an HK- how would you rate them relative to other similar handguns? PITA to get in MA too....

dreppucci007 said:
LOVE THEM!

I love Glocks- very short trigger pull, reset is phenominal. Extremely reliable and simplistic. I like the ergonomics and weight. Readily available parts.

Sigs are great for different reasons. Quality and reliability. Good DA/SA guns with readily available models/parts.

Kahr- not sure- I only have one. Great smooth trigger but very long DA pull. The K9 is about the thinnest carry gun I have.

Can you compare some of the HKs to these? Thanks!

I love HKs, as you can see. One of the biggest adavantages of them for me is the ambidexterity inherent in the design. No other brand IMO is so ambidextrous, especially the P7 series. The only stock trigger better than a P7 is a good 1911. They are reliable, accurate, very well made. They do not have a good pocket/subcompact pistol, however. Even the P2000 compact is pretty chunky. Parts availability is always a problem with HK.

Sigs are great guns, but they are not for me.
1. They are not very Lefty Friendly.
2. I don't like DA/SA
But I would never criticize them for other people. Great guns, lots of models, factory right in Exeter.

Glocks are good, but not as good as Sig or HK IMO. Reliable, easy to fix; the Honda of handguns.
Kahrs are good also, but I have limited experience with them. I've only fired a few.

chipperman...awesome guns...i love hks

lugnuts...i own 6 glocks and have to say that glock is my favorite handgun out of them all and the only gun i carry is a glock...however...no gun i've ever shot shoots better or feels better in my hand than my hk tactical...if it werent so freakin huge id carry that

i think if you like glocks then youll like the polymer hks too

blood hound said:
chipperman...awesome guns...i love hks

lugnuts...i own 6 glocks and have to say that glock is my favorite handgun out of them all and the only gun i carry is a glock...however...no gun i've ever shot shoots better or feels better in my hand than my hk tactical...if it werent so freakin huge id carry that

i think if you like glocks then youll like the polymer hks too

Oh no... look at what you guys started. [rolleyes] My wife is not going to be pleased with this. [smile]

haha well you can blame me for it...but ill have to blame dave...i was totally a glock guy till i bought his hk tactical from him...i would love to own a few more hks but most of my money has been spent on rifles recently...but i hope to be gettin a few more hks before the year is out...id love a usp compact in .45 for carry...may be the only pistol that id consider replacing my glock 36 with[wink]

The P2000 or P2000 SK look like something I'd like.... the bad thing is I bet they're a bitch to get a hold of because they aren't on the EOPS or the "infamous AG list". Please don't post places to find one in MA, please don't... please.

[devil]

Only bad thing is that the barrel and trigger guard get hotter than hell after as few as 50 rds. [rolleyes]

They are really a great gun!

LenS said:
Only bad thing is that the barrel and trigger guard get hotter than hell after as few as 50 rds. [rolleyes]

That just means you need several so you can rotate through them at the range. [wink]

Lugnut said:
Sure... rub in the fact that you have several of these!!!

I wish. Just the one P7M8 so far but I'm keeping my eyes open for a good deal on another one.

LenS said:

Most people can't get enough magazines to make the gun hot quickly! :)
P7 mags are becoming rare finds. I managed to find two at Manna distributing,
and I got two NP3 treated ones off a guy on hkpro. Mag prices typically go
from $40-60, but the trend lately is towards the latter, assuming you can
find them!

Cal's has P7M13 mags in stock, they appear to be out of P7 and P7M8 mags. If you call, they might be able to get more.
http://www.calssportingarmory.com/

HKPRO is the best place to find HK mags overall.
---------

The heat thing is overblown IMO. Yeah it gets pretty hot if you rapid fire 50 or more rounds. So what? I have never burned myself on mine. My MP5 gets pretty hot after a couple of mags, too. Just don't grab the muzzle. [wink]

MP5shoot.jpg

Chipperman said:
Here an add on HKPRO right now. $58 +s/h
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43279

Hard to beat that.

Super Deal at MSRP?? [rolleyes] [Note: plus 2.5% for cc and S/H.]

I've always known that if I wanted to pay MSRP, I could get them . . . I've actually seen them at gun shows for slightly less. Just can't justify paying $45 (show asking price that I recall) for a damn 8-rd mag!

P7M8 isn't the smallest gun for CCW either, so I found another purpose for it where 2 mags isn't a real handicap.

LenS said:
Super Deal at MSRP?? [rolleyes] [Note: plus 2.5% for cc and S/H.]

I've always known that if I wanted to pay MSRP, I could get them . . . I've actually seen them at gun shows for slightly less. Just can't justify paying $45 (show asking price that I recall) for a damn 8-rd mag!

$45 is a good deal.

You can wait all you want, but you'll -almost never- find them for less than
$50, unless they're PROMAG junkers. (which frankly, they should pay
you money to buy one of those!)

Even when the real HK mags were readily availiable from CDNN and such,
they were still $50 apiece.

You could also put a WTB add on HKPRO, and probably get a few offers for
considerably less than that.

-Mike

Does H&K still make the P7M8 or is that an older gun? Just wondering if not, why not since it seems so overwhelmingly popular.

Coyote33 said:
Does H&K still make the P7M8 or is that an older gun? Just wondering if not, why not since it seems so overwhelmingly popular.

They -SAY- they discontinued it, but some sources have said this is
proving to be BS, and that the factory is still making them.

I don't know if the P7 is really -that- popular, it's more of a cult
item. It's a hard sell to get someone to spend $1200+ on a handgun
thats intended soley as a defense weapon. (Although gunsmith
Bruce Gray, from CA used to shoot competitively with his, when he worked
for HK. He had to use a beverage chiller gizmo thing out at the range
to cool the gun off between stages, no joke. I believe at the time he
was using a P7M13. ).

An all steel, 9mm handgun, usually sold in single stack, has a tough road to
hoe in terms of practicality when compared to a lot of the polymer guns out
there. Many will argue however, that there is nothing better, at least
not in 9mm.

It's one of those guns though, that once you've own it, and you
have a chance to shoot it.... it sits in a class by itself. I know
I won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom