Hit squad kills terrorist

Yeah, this should be interesting -if they are Mossad, the proverbial feces could hit the oscillating rotor. I can't remember any big government sanctioned hits that were filmed like this in my lifetime. It looks like some "Smokin' Aces" Hollywood film. Alright, the security tapes aren't that exciting, but if you use your imagination...

That is some serious cloak and dagger stuff. Strange and creepy to see that kind of effort to take someone out. And what a piece of investigative work to put that all together.

Were these guys unaware that surveillance technology exists?

I know Dubai is wired and I'm no big shot member of Mossad.

Perhaps they foolishly thought that no one would go to this extent to 'capture them on film' for offing a terrorist. Perhaps they thought authorities would protect their identities.

Last edited:
Assuming it was the Mossad behind this, their agents are considered to be among the best-trained in the world. However, they have made some embarrassing (and tragic) blunders. The Lillehammer Affair was one of them. An innocent Moroccan waiter, who happened to resemble a wanted Palestinian terrorist, was ambushed and murdered in front of his pregnant wife by a Mossad hit team in Norway. After several of the agents were captured, the entire plot became worldwide media fodder.

Wow, forget the assasination complexities; mega kudos to the authotities who investigated and sifted through all those video tapes to identify all the suspects and track them. Some of the vids are of such quality that without the circles, one couldn't tell who is who. Yeesh.

Maybe they don't care if the rest of the world knows it's them, maybe it's sending a message or a prelude to other things to come?

Maybe they don't care if the rest of the world knows it's them, maybe it's sending a message or a prelude to other things to come?

France, the UK and Ireland are pretty pissed at Israel. F#$% Um. Whoever pulled this hit off, good job. Another murderous terrorist bought the farm.

Well, either it is what it is or someone with access to hotel security footage has an over-active imagination.

If there aren't any real news stories then I'll call BS on this.
dontknow.gif

Yeah, wonder how they would have gotten out of the hotel room if the chains etc were all in place. Althought there are probably tools that will let one do this.

Good job to those involved, one down, many more to go.

I love the media reports on this: I'm pretty sure they didn't use their real passports, and after seeing some video, it is clearly obvious that they also disguised their true identities; I would expect some died their hair, changed their eye color, added or removed facial hair, changed thier gender appearance, all of the things you'd do. They knew there was CCTV there, I'm sure that had already been discovered. A hit on a terrorist carried out by pro's, has everyone wondering who did it....marvelous. Simply marvelous. [smile]

Dubai hit squad stole my identity': British man's name used by assassins who executed senior Hamas leader

By Nick Mcdermott and Kate Loveys
Last updated at 11:33 PM on 16th February 2010

* Comments (191)
* Videos
* Add to My Stories

A British man in Israel with the same name as an alleged member of a hit squad that assassinated a top Hamas militant in Dubai said his identity had been stolen.

Melvyn Adam Mildiner said he was 'angry, upset and scared' over what he called a misidentification.

He spoke as the Foreign Office confirmed the British passports used in the killing were fraudulent. The FCO has launched an investigation, it said in a statement.

Last night Dubai police said they were working on the premise that the passports were genuine.

It is not clear if they contacted the Foreign Office to say they believed people carrying British passports were involved in the killing before releasing the information yesterday.
'This is an ongoing Emirati investigation to which we have offered our assistance and support.
We are aware that the holders of six British passports have been named in this case. We believe the passports used were fraudulent and have begun our own investigation.
We have informed the authorities in the UAE that this is the case, and continue to cooperate closely with the Emiratis on this matter.'

- Foreign Office spokesman

'We are not aware of the process they went through in making the decision to release the information,' an FCO spokesman said.

He would not comment when asked if the British Government had been contacted by the Dubai police prior to yesterday's announcement.

Dubai police listed Mr Mildiner as one of six men carrying British passports suspected of being part of an 11-man hit squad that killed Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in a luxury hotel in the Gulf emirate last month.

But the British national, a resident of a town near Jerusalem, today insisted he had nothing to do with the assassination and had never been to Dubai.

'I woke up this morning to a world of fun,' he said, after newspapers around the world splashed names and photos of the suspects distributed by Dubai.

'I am obviously angry, upset and scared - any number of things. And I'm looking into what I can do to try to sort things out and clear my name,' he said in a telephone interview.

'I don't know how this happened or who chose my name or why, but hopefully we'll find out soon.'

'It's not me. Which is one silver lining on this entire story because at least I can point to it and say, 'Look, that's not me. It's not the picture that I have in my passport, and it's not the picture that I have on my face that I walk around with every day',' Mr Mildiner said.

'I have my passport. It is in my house, along with the passports of everybody else in my family, and there's no Dubai stamps in it because I've never been to Dubai,' he said.

Acknowledging that his name was uncommon, Mr Mildiner said: 'There's probably not many of us.'

Mr Mildiner, who made aliya (the emigration of Jews to Israel) from London nine years ago, does appear to have a Twitter account, though his tweets are now being protected.

He was however tweeting on the day of the assassination, seeming about IT-related things. His tweet, sent from a SPB Mobile Shell phone at 2.33 p.m., reads: 'Is it possible to install something like #Swype on an #iPhone and set it as the default input device?'

He spoke out as Ireland's Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed that none of the alleged Irish citizens named as being part of the hit squad exist.

‘We’ve been unable to find any record of Irish passports having been issued with details corresponding to the details published today in a number of UAE newspapers,' the Deparment said today.

'We are in ongoing contact with UAE authorities to try and ascertain the exact facts of the case.

'To date we’ve received no evidence that any Irish people were involved.’

whodathunkit

Assuming it was the Mossad behind this, their agents are considered to be among the best-trained in the world. However, they have made some embarrassing (and tragic) blunders. The Lillehammer Affair was one of them. An innocent Moroccan waiter, who happened to resemble a wanted Palestinian terrorist, was ambushed and murdered in front of his pregnant wife by a Mossad hit team in Norway. After several of the agents were captured, the entire plot became worldwide media fodder.

Makes me wonder how many operation they cary out that are not blunders??? They could be taking out my next door neighbors right now and making it look like the pet fish did it!

Sloppy? This is actually pretty good work. Note that the authorities in Dubai don't even have the real names of the people they think they have on tape. Nor do they really know the appearance of the people they have on tape. It's interesting that the passport numbers are mismatched. That seems like deliberate misdirection away from an agency like the CIA or Mossad. Courts in UK, Ireland, and other countries are not going to issue warrants or extradite suspects when there is not even any evidence that the persons named are the same people on the tape. In fact it seems that the people who carried this out were able to create fairly complex personalities for people who didn't exist. Even the name of the Israeli seems to be nothing more than coincidental.

In the end, I don't think anyone will be arrested and the operatives who did this will move on to other projects.

Maybe they want the rest of the world to know, but without the diplomatic baggage that would accompany and official acknowledgement.

What if this was not the actions of a govt but terrorist vs terrorist?

It opens a whole new can of worms.

Oh and I was just in that hotel in December....

How can the killers hide now that their actual pictures have been used and published in the news?

probably true, about not being so sloppy. You can't see much of their faces, but for the bald guy and the woman.

Heh.. I read somewhere where the Mossad is denying having anything to do with this. Their reason/proof? "It could not have been us. We would never be so sloppy!"

If you think that the people in the passport photos were the actual people that did the work than you need to read up on espionage. They copied/stole the identities of many random people as they came and went from Israel until they had stolen identities that resembled their operatives enough to pass for them. The authorities in Dubai have no idea who they really were and there is a very slim chance they ever will.

Mossad isn't going to build an interrogation/hit squad with foreign operatives.

Back
Top Bottom