• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hilda and Jesse’s refused to serve three police officers

This is the real crime. They won't be around much longer. They haven't been open a year yet.

7IKTGwd.jpg

WTF are edible wages??? They charge you $21 for a hash brown then make 3x as many so they can eat them. . . and charge you the food costs??

(I know it says equitable. Because a single $18 pancake makes things SO equitable. And I'm assuming it's a scumbag tip. Turns out they are the ones carrying hte big guns in that store.)

And every time I read this thread title, I read it as Hilde & Beast. . .

The city of San Francisco has its own minimum wage, which is (as of 7/1/2021) $16.32 for both tipped and non-tipped employees. So, unlike many states, tipped employees are not dependent on their tips to achieve the minimum wage. For example, in MA the minimum wage is $13.50 for non-tipped employees and $5.55 for tipped employees who make more than $20 a month in tips. MA law also says that tipped employees much achieve at least $13.50 per hour when their wages and tips are combined. So in MA it might make sense for a restaurant to add in an “equatable wage” (i.e. fixed minimum tip) charge, but in San Francisco it is just a ripoff.

Does SF claim that their minimum wage constitutes a "living wage"?
If so, why tip?
I honestly don't know how San Fran even has servers. You are either homeless or loaded, there really isn't a middle class in that city.

ETA: The median home price is $1,500,000

Austin, TX is heading that way as well. The lower middle class and poor are being edged out as older buildings are being torn down to put up apartment towers and office buildings. My daughter lives in north Austin and if they decided to tear down her apartment building she's not sure that she'll be able to live in the city.

I honestly don't know how San Fran even has servers. You are either homeless or loaded, there really isn't a middle class in that city.

While I was still working I was taken out to a very high end SF restaurant by some business associates. Got to talking to our waiter and he said that with tips he was making over $90,000 a year. And he still had to live at home with his parents. This was a very expensive place, dinner for four could easily exceed $2,000 and he was a very good waiter, but I still found it hard to believe that a waiter would be making that much. So when I got back to the hotel I Googled it and found out that waitstaff at high end restaurants can make anywhere from $80K to $150K per year.

Austin, TX is heading that way as well. The lower middle class and poor are being edged out as older buildings are being torn down to put up apartment towers and office buildings. ...
What are Austin's plans to remain Moonbat Central of the Lone Star State
in the event that rich conservative people move into those apartment towers?

While I was still working I was taken out to a very high end SF restaurant by some business associates. ... I Googled it and found out that waitstaff at high end restaurants can make anywhere from $80K to $150K per year.
Crumbs.

At a conference in Las Vegas, The Bride watched a hotel doorman
assist passengers into taxis, and receive a presidential portrait from each of them.
8 hour shift.
60 minutes per hour.
4 taxis per minute.
200 work days per year.

Now it was during a big conference.
But the run rate was ~$384,000/year.

I don't think Austin has any. Some of the people moving in are conservative, but a lot are probably liberals. Tesla is moving there and Samsung is building a huge semi conductor plant. Not only is Austin itself seeing a huge influx, but so are the rest of Travis County and some of the surrounding counties. Pflugerville was the cheaper alternative to Austin until about three years ago. Then housing prices started to rise so people are moving further out into the county or into neighboring counties.

Now you have to go about an hour away from Austin to find reasonable prices. That Samsung factory I mentioned is in Williamson County which is to the northish of Travis and much more conservative. It's going to be in Taylor which right now is a rural mostly farming community. It will be completely different in five years.

About Las Vegas. Back in 2003 I was at a conference there and stayed at a hotel off the Strip. I think it was a Hilton. Anyway, there was a doorman there who was quite the showman. Doing the same thing that you describe. I sat in the shade for about an hour smoking a cigar and watching him. Then I figured he was a good $200.00 a day back then. How much he might have had to split with management I have no idea. He might even have had to pay to get the concession. Either way, he was making a lot of money and I'll bet he knew which days there were going to be a lot of people coming and going.

What are Austin's plans to remain Moonbat Central of the Lone Star State
in the event that rich conservative people move into those apartment towers?

Crumbs.

At a conference in Las Vegas, The Bride watched a hotel doorman
assist passengers into taxis, and receive a presidential portrait from each of them.
8 hour shift.
60 minutes per hour.
4 taxis per minute.
200 work days per year.

Now it was during a big conference.
But the run rate was ~$384,000/year.

Seriously?

A crackhead is threatening a business owner with a knife, and you think it's perfectly okay for the cops (who are paid by my taxes) to slow-walk a response? I just want to make sure I'm reading you right.
You did read it right.
I was raised to treat others as they treat you.
Are you saying they shouldn't respect the wishes of people who don't want them in there ?
That would be sort of JBT of them wouldn't it ?

You did read it right.
I was raised to treat others as they treat you.
Are you saying they shouldn't respect the wishes of people who don't want them in there ?
That would be sort of JBT of them wouldn't it ?

Hmm.

I'm saying they should be professionals. Or they should take off the badge. Nobody forced them into that job. If their pettiness is going to threaten the lives of the citizens they're paid to protect, we're all better off without them.

People who wear uniforms are engaged in SERVICE, not karma. It's not a "do unto others" business. Again, you and I aren't held to that standard. But then, we didn't choose to be cops...

No, I get it. I'm sure it happens.

I'd never excuse it, though. It bothers me when others do excuse it, even root for it. If you're not prepared to take on a knife-wielding crackhead simply because the victim made you a little upset one time about an overpriced meal, then don't be a cop. Go become a stockbroker or something.
How did it go from please GTFO of my place of business , you aren't welcome here to the price of a meal ?
You know that wasn't what it was about .

How did it go from please GTFO of my place of business , you aren't welcome here to the price of a meal ?
You know that wasn't what it was about .

I don't care what it was about.

The business owner has rights.

The cop has responsibilities.

If the cop doesn't want to live up to those responsibilities, he needs to GTFO of the "profession."

About Las Vegas. Back in 2003 I was at a conference there and stayed at a hotel off the Strip. ... there was a doorman there who was quite the showman. Doing the same thing that you describe. I sat in the shade for about an hour smoking a cigar and watching him. Then I figured he was a good $200.00 a day back then. How much he might have had to split with management I have no idea. He might even have had to pay to get the concession. ...
The more I think about it,
the more I conclude: "And how...".
Epa4MYaXIAAHQGg.jpg

Last edited:
The flipside is, if the crackhead is holding a knife to your employee's throat, don't be a hypocrite and call 911- you don't want to justify their paycheck.

The problem isn't that people insult cops, or the military, or whatever social segment you want to name; the problem is that when the shit hits the fan, the people running their mouths aren't willing to live by the rules they've created.
Remember the defund the police riot , er sorry demonstration where the guy made a 7-10 split on them with a car to avoid be dragged out and killed?
The first thing you heard some of them screaming was " CALL THE POLICE !! "
Pure freaking gold.

Seriously?

A crackhead is threatening a business owner with a knife, and you think it's perfectly okay for the cops (who are paid by my taxes) to slow-walk a response? I just want to make sure I'm reading you right.
yes, because I don't want to scare anyone with my gun. They can bake the knife guy a cake for his trouble.

Well, not exactly. The fun thing is you can live in that region and have a household AGI of a half million (before taxes) and you’re not anywhere near loaded by bay area standards. Remember between CA rape taxation gas etc, immediately you have lost 50% of your earnings just for existing. Throw in 2 or 3 snotgobblers and suddenly you’re smack dab in the middle. Middle class just takes on a different context. 500k AGI is wealth in other parts of the US, but not there. smart people get sick of that shit and move out. I doubt most of those servers or low level staff types live in SF proper, although some are probably stereotypical college kids etc.

If the cop doesn't want to live up to those responsibilities, he needs to GTFO of the "profession."
Should They leave their guns outside when they go in after said crackhead ?
The business owner has rights you know.

yes, he does he has a right to defend himself. You are responsible for your own safety. The cops are not, thats a fact. They are there to clean up and do paper work.

Should They leave their guns outside when they go in after said crackhead ?
The business owner has rights you know.

They should follow policy... obviously.

What they should NOT do, when a taxpayer is under threat, is take their sweet-ass time and let the citizen die. Right?

They should follow policy... obviously.

What they should NOT do, when a taxpayer is under threat, is take their sweet-ass time and let the citizen die. Right?
Which policy ?
Either the business owner has the right to exclude them and their guns or not.
They have been told they and their guns are not welcome in the place.
Are you suggesting they violate the business owners rights ?

Which policy ?
Either the business owner has the right to exclude them and their guns or not.
They have been told they and their guns are not welcome in the place.
Are you suggesting they violate the business owners rights ?

Now you're just being obtuse.

But that's fine.

I appreciate you clarifying your belief that cops should be petty enough to let crimes happen to people they don't like.

But that's fine.

I appreciate you clarifying your belief that cops should be petty enough to let crimes happen to people they don't like.
Yes, I know.[pot]
Do they have a duty to protect? Would the people there want the cops to protect them? People need to understand you and you alone are responsible to protect, yourself.

But that's fine.

Remind me again who stated they were not welcome in the business ?
You are not answering the question and seem to want it both ways.
That's not how real life works.

Is your take on it that they should violate the wishes and rights of the owner and go in anyway ?
In any other case you would be screaming JBTs ! , JBTs !

Only in your world would someone in authority actually respecting the wishes of the citizen become a bad thing.

Yes, I know.[pot]
Do they have a duty to protect? Would the people there want the cops to protect them? People need to understand you and you alone are responsible to protect, yourself.
Courts have repeatedly concluded that the police do not have a duty to protect nor a duty to enforce the law. On its face, this sounds like BS, but once you think k about it, if they did have those duties they would not be able to use judgment in enforcement and arrest everyone that was observed or suspected of a crime. Taillight out...impound car. It would truly be a police state.
So it should follow that people have the right to request the police not to enter their place of business to enforce crimes against them or their business. This seems fair to me. I as a taxpayer pay for the service of police. If I request they do not perform that service for me, what is the issue?

Now if I then request that service but have stated that the uniform is not allowed in my place of business, I would expect some confusion on the part of responding officers. Do I help...do I not...do I arrest my partner for trespassing because he has been given notice he is not allowed on the premises? So much confuse...

Back
Top Bottom