• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hilda and Jesse’s refused to serve three police officers

I had to take an inmate to a dialysis appointment in Beverly years ago and staff asked me if Me and partner minded storing our handguns in the cruiser because it was making some Spanish Lady “Uncomfortable” I politely told the staff it wasn’t happening and they then asked if it was ok to brought a curtain to block our view, I said that was fine and it wasn’t an issue. It annoyed me though,

I would be pissed if I was one of these officers. It’s straight up ignorance but their place their rules I guess. Just don’t give them any business going forward

you should have suggested they put the wall of curtains around the Karenita

I'm betting Kristina Liedags Compton and Rachel Sillcocks, are from a protected class.
brunchM-2.jpg

Nah. They just look like San Franciscans.

Guess they changed their minds. Wonder why [rolleyes]
Getting beat up on reviews and possibly bussiness?

View attachment 549103
Idiots. The chief will show up for a free burger, shake and photo op with the owners. The other snowflakes will be pissed that they caved, and the cops will still be pissed and disgusted with the owners and the chief. The circle of life goes on.

I had to take an inmate to a dialysis appointment in Beverly years ago and staff asked me if Me and partner minded storing our handguns in the cruiser because it was making some Spanish Lady “Uncomfortable” I politely told the staff it wasn’t happening and they then asked if it was ok to brought a curtain to block our view, I said that was fine and it wasn’t an issue. It annoyed me though,

I would be pissed if I was one of these officers. It’s straight up ignorance but their place their rules I guess. Just don’t give them any business going forward
I had a guy in Kosovo ask me to leave a bank because my M16A4 was making people nervous.

I was like "...yeah... we're the security force?" [rofl]

They're not discriminating based on their job. The guns were the problem. They said they'd be happy to serve them if they ditched the gunzz.

I think the restaurant owner is a moron, but that's not my call. Her place, her rules. This is one of those Voltaire-ish moments, where you might not agree with the other person but you'll defend their right to express their opinions.

In general, I like more freedom rather than less. Business owners are free to run their businesses as they see fit in my perfect world, so it would be hypocritical for me to say she should be compelled to serve anyone she doesn't want to serve. Now, if there are consequences of her choices? She better not bitch about them.
Your my kinda people lol. I agree with you 100% here

I wouldn’t go in to a place like that to begin with. It’s pretty easy to tell just from looking at the outside of a joint if it’s normal or if it’s some foofoo blueberry coffee and a bruised banana for $12.99 with the stink of communism and hippies.
Tragic patchouli allergy, you say?

I actually agree. A sidearm is part of law enforcement uniform. If the place doesn't want guns, then that applies to everyone. That doesn't mean they're immune from ramifications though.
In uniform without your sidearm is "out of uniform" and likely punishable. Plus it is downright stupid due to the bullseye on the back of any uniformed officer these days.

I don't accept their BS walk-back. I would boycott them and tell every other first responder about them as well. Hit them hard in the pocket.

I agree that it is their right to ban anyone they want as long as they aren't protected class people. However, that cuts both ways. I don't go where I'm not welcome either.

If this sort of thing ever happened when I was on the job I assure you that any calls for service at a place that did this would get a slow response. And if the owners did anything that violated any law, no matter how minor, they would not get a pass from our officers.

In uniform without your sidearm is "out of uniform" and likely punishable. Plus it is downright stupid due to the bullseye on the back of any uniformed officer these days.

I don't accept their BS walk-back. I would boycott them and tell every other first responder about them as well. Hit them hard in the pocket.

I agree that it is their right to ban anyone they want as long as they aren't protected class people. However, that cuts both ways. I don't go where I'm not welcome either.

If this sort of thing ever happened when I was on the job I assure you that any calls for service at a place that did this would get a slow response. And if the owners did anything that violated any law, no matter how minor, they would not get a pass from our officers.

Yup.

The owners say that it's a "safe place" and the presence of firearms made their staff uncomfortable.

For anyone defending them here - do you think they'd like you in their place with your firearm?

Plus it is downright stupid due to the bullseye on the back of any uniformed officer these days.
Every time I see these detail cops without a sidearms it makes me want to scream. All it takes is one drive-by. I don't care if we're in the suburbs. There are crazy people everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom