• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

high cap. .40 questions

Hey guys I had a quick question, I apologize if there are posts on this already but I am on my phone and can't do a search. I am in the process of coming into possesion of a 1999 usp compact with a high capacity magazine. Its 14 rounds. It is already in massachusetts so I know I can purchase it but could I carry a hicap magazine? Or would I have to buy a new lower cap one. Thanks guys!

if the magazine was made in 99 the answer is it is illegal even if it is already in Mass

Sorry but you have your years confused.

Ch. 180 became law in 1998 and mandated that the Fed Ban (post 9/13/1994) would stay forever in MA.

I bought my USP 40c in 1999 and can tell you that there were NO pre-ban mags for that gun. "Blue Book of Gun Values" says that the first year of mfr of the USP 40c was 1997 . . . during the Fed Ban!

Ch. 180 became law in 1998 and mandated that the Fed Ban (post 9/13/1994) would stay forever in MA.
Which means his statement was accurate - a 99 mag is illegal even if already in MA.

I bought my USP 40c in 1999 and can tell you that there were NO pre-ban mags for that gun. "Blue Book of Gun Values" says that the first year of mfr of the USP 40c was 1997 . . . during the Fed Ban!

This.
I missed the word "compact" in the OP's post. Len is right... there are no pre-bans for a USPc .40, at least not that I am aware of.

-Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom