Hide the Children- 550 rds of ammo!!!!

I think I have more ammo than that rolling around loose under the carpets in my car... 550 rounds, pshaw! THAT'S the big deal, that he had 550 measly rounds (quick stop at the range anyone?), not that he had drugs. What is wrong with society? I don't see an amendment in the Constitution saying that we have the right to have drugs, so shouldn't THAT be the problem? Eeejits!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6299556
550 rounds of ammo seized

GURNEE, Ill. (AP) - Police seized about 550 rounds of ammunition from the home of Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson during a raid last month, according to new court documents.

The ammunition was discovered in Johnson's kitchen, basement, garage and bedroom.
Police also found six guns, marijuana and unlabeled pills believed to be the prescription painkiller hydrocodone, the (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald reported, citing search warrant documents filed Friday in Lake County Circuit Court.
Johnson was charged with six counts of possession of a firearm without a gun-owner identification card. Authorities said they found a semiautomatic rifle with 19 live rounds in the master bedroom, four unloaded weapons - two rifles and two handguns - and a loaded .45-caliber handgun under a leather chair in the basement.

Johnson's bodyguard, Willie B. Posey, was arrested on felony drug charges after the raid; Posey was shot and killed two days later during an early morning fight at a nightclub in Chicago.

Johnson lived with his girlfriend, Posey and two young children.

It was the third arrest in 18 months for Johnson, who must stay at home except to go to work and needs permission to leave Illinois until a court decides whether he violated his probation on a 2005 gun charge.

Johnson publicly apologized and received a one-game suspension.

Police in Gurnee, about 40 miles northwest of Chicago, began an investigation six weeks before the raid after neighbors complained about three caged pit bulls on the property and said they heard gunshots from Johnson's back yard.

During the raid, police said they discovered a "business-type card" inside a gym bag that listed the telephone numbers of Bears coach Lovie Smith and team security chief Tom Dillon.

"On the reverse side of the card is listed warnings about the legal limit for DUI and possessing a firearm without a valid (identification)," according to court documents.

Bears spokesman Scott Hagel said all team players received the card.

"It's all part of the training our players receive at the beginning of the year," he said.

Johnson's next court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.

550? What a freaking amateur. [thinking]

19 live rounds in a semi-auto rifle? I got him beat by 9. [smile]

Illinois blows even more than Mass, if you can believe that. [shocked]

Oh no, 550 rnds.

22FEDERAL550KS.JPG

His girlfriends name is Posey ?

I noticed that too. And this, "Authorities said they found a semiautomatic rifle with 19 live rounds in the master bedroom,"

I always thought it was called a magazine. I wonder if that was a pre ban master bedroom or not?

Gary

The mrs gave me a thousand rnds of nice Lake City .223 for Christmas. Its cached with my arsenal , next to the stockpile of Russian Military Assault Rifle AK47 live rounds ...machineguncopkillerwhatifaterroristgotaholdofthis.

Can I be a football player with a bodyguard now ? All I need now is some drugs and no respect for the law ...

The mrs gave me a thousand rnds of nice Lake City .223 for Christmas. Its cached with my arsenal , next to the stockpile of Russian Military Assault Rifle AK47 live rounds ...machineguncopkillerwhatifaterroristgotaholdofthis.

Can I be a football player with a bodyguard now ? All I need now is some drugs and no respect for the law ...

That was a brilliant rant. [rofl2]

Sounds like a real model citizen... [thinking]

It was the third arrest in 18 months for Johnson, who must stay at home except to go to work and needs permission to leave Illinois until a court decides whether he violated his probation on a 2005 gun charge.

During his second year in the NFL, he was arrested at the Excalibur nightclub in Chicago for possession of a handgun. Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge and was sentenced to 18 months probation and 40 hours of community service. [2]

On February 12, 2006, Johnson, while still on probation, was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after verbally threatening a police officer. Johnson was leaving Level Nightclub on Chicago's Rush Street when the police officer was ticketing a limousine driver who Johnson had hired. As Johnson put up a struggle, he was maced and subdued with the help of other police officers. The charges were eventually dropped. [3]

On December 14, 2006, police officers searched Johnson's Gurnee, IL home, and discovered that he possessed six firearms, including two assault rifles. Although Johnson was at practice during the search, his bodyguard William Posey was arrested from his house for possession of marijuana. Johnson will likely face a misdemeanor charge, which carries a penalty of up to a year in jail. Bears coach Lovie Smith deactivated Johnson for the upcoming game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but the NFL has yet to make a decision regarding disciplinary actions. [4]

Days after Johnson's arrest, William Posey was killed in a shooting at Ice Bar in Chicago's River North neighborhood. Posey was shot after he was involved in a fight around midnight. Posey was rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 1:30am. Posey's assailant was not apprehended by the police.[5]

The Bears deactivated Johnson against the their December 17 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. After spending several days in congregation with the NFL, the Bears’ management opted to suspend Johnson without pay for one game on December 19. Johnson also addressed the Chicagoland media, where he remorsefully apologized and promised to reform his ways. [6] On a December 22, a Skokie, Illinois judge placed Johnson on home confinement, preventing him from driving by himself or leaving the state of Illinois.[7]

On December 28, Chicago Police apprehended Michael Selvie, Posey's assailant. Johnson traveled to a police station, where he selected him out a police lineup. Selvie, a "reputed gang member" has been implicated to over thirty other crimes. However, Selvie's defense attorney claims that Selvie does nor posses a fire arm or any gang affiliations. If found guilty, Selvie will face charges of first degree murder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Johnson

Johnson publicly apologized and received a one-game suspension.

And if he had just been an ordinary Joe Six-Pack busted on the same charges,
would there be any doubt that he'd receive similar punishment?

It seems quite apparent that they are waiting for him to kill somebody before they actually get serious with him... [thinking]

Authorities said they found a semiautomatic rifle with 19 live rounds in the master bedroom,
What... a Marlin 60 with a round in the chamber? [rolleyes] probably goes with that box of .22 that he had.

Yeesh. Ya notice that they carefully don't mention the caliber of anything except the .45?

Not to be a downer in an otherwise VERY funny thread, but the guy DID have 3 recent arrests, all within 18 months according to the article.

I think the 550 rounds part is laughable, but the part that isn't is that even after he was arrested on illegal gun posession charges, he still found a way to get 6 more guns.

If this were you or me, we'd have been locked up after the first one.

I think the 550 rounds part is laughable, but the part that isn't is that even after he was arrested on illegal gun posession charges, he still found a way to get 6 more guns.

It is pretty sad isn't it? [thinking]

Not to be a downer in an otherwise VERY funny thread, but the guy DID have 3 recent arrests, all within 18 months according to the article.

the anti's will all freak out over the 550 rounds. Oh, why does someone need that much ammunition????? When I was competing I would buy 1,500 rounds of .22 at a time...that would last most of the season...but not the whole season.

I probably have 3,000 rounds of just .22 right now not counting all the other crap I have that I haven't counted.

note to self...stop buying .22 ammo....lol

He doesn't have a bodyguard any more:

Johnson's bodyguard, Willie B. Posey, was arrested on felony drug charges after the raid; Posey was shot and killed two days later during an early morning fight at a nightclub in Chicago.
I suppose he was disarmed after the arrest.

Back
Top Bottom