Hi vis target idea

Don't know if any of you do this. And not sure why I did not think of this before. But I have started to cut up the non shot up parts. I will use them to repair other targets. Kills me to throw these away because I run out of the dots they provide.

View attachment 879848
Yep, i roughly do the same

Don't know if any of you do this. And not sure why I did not think of this before. But I have started to cut up the non shot up parts. I will use them to repair other targets. Kills me to throw these away because I run out of the dots they provide.

View attachment 879848
dgrant will be along shortly to admonish you as a skinflint for not buying more new targets. [laugh]

dgrant will be along shortly to admonish you as a skinflint for not buying more new targets. [laugh]

I can't really call it flinting if it doesn't take him that long to salvage the targets. That's not really what i would call "skinflint expensive" this isn't a maneuver that's going to deliver a shit sandwich later, either.

ETA: even I use paper plates with cheap dots stuck in the middle.

I keep a roll of white paper in the truck and make bullseyes out of black felt paper. If you don't feel like walking down to look, hang a piece of steel. If you want it to be more visible, paint it white then fluorescent orange.

My targets have been reduced to printer paper + 1" orange circles that I can buy for like $2/100 or whatever they cost. I keep a stack of printer paper in my car.

Bullets at long range sometimes show better on white paper than high visibility targets.

A 100 pack of bullseye targets is $16. Jesus christ some of you guys are cheep.

A lot of gun shops don't sell bulk packs of shoot n sees, etc. Many shops only carry the rape skus which are a horrible value. (Its like 25 for 8 bucks or something)

Plus in a lot of cases.... is it really any better than a market basket low grade paper plate with a dot stuck in the middle? Probably not.

I just shoot the paper of the guy on the next lane. I've been hanging the same target for 12 years
We discussed doing that to a real dickhead in a match one night. He was so freaking mad but there was nothing he could do about it. We were dying laughing on putting an extra bullet in the magazine then did it. He thought he was the best shooter for miles around. He insulted a very good friend who proved him wrong. 😂

I repeated it to a guy many years later who earned his extra hole. No way to prove it on a firing line. He wasn’t such an ass after that. Im rather sure he knew I did it.

I save the dots like the op. Cut them off and have them in a zip lock bag

@Broc just cuts a one inch hole in the printer paper, then shoots it at 300 yards. If he shoots outside of the hole, he’ll replace the paper.

Sniper cool 😎

WTF is a portable puzzle holder?
It’s a flat panel with a hinged overlapping cover held in place with Velcro like a lock on a diary. They come in a few sizes. It’s for puzzle freaks who have limited room for a complex build taking up real estate or whatever the hell puzzle people do.

I knew someone who owned a store that gave them out as gifts. When she passed there was a few hitting the trash and I said to myself “Hey”. How convenient could this be.
My wife used one that was given as a gift for years in order to keep our house neat. We have very little clutter as it drives me crazy.

If I think of it I’ll take a pic. It’s out in the garage and I’m lazy right now.

I save the dots like the op. Cut them off and have them in a zip lock bag

@Broc just cuts a one inch hole in the printer paper, then shoots it at 300 yards. If he shoots outside of the hole, he’ll replace the paper.

Sniper cool 😎
Exactly.

Making my own bullseyes has nothing to do with cost. I sometimes buy targets but if I make them, I can size the bullseye for handgun or rifle. With or without optics. From several yards to several hundred yards.

Back
Top Bottom