hi cap mags, ccw

It's a real shame that as a non-resident of Boston I can carry a 17 round magazine and as a resident you can't even own one. Why don't you guys fire "Mumbles"? He's a dick! Get active and fire that d'bag.

You failed to read what was posted above. Residents can own any pre-ban hi-cap pistol mag they want. Most can't carry anywhere, but that is another issue altogether.

It is hi-cap rifle/shotgun mags that are totally banned for residents of Boston.

You failed to read what was posted above. Residents can own any pre-ban hi-cap pistol mag they want. Most can't carry anywhere, but that is another issue altogether.

It is hi-cap rifle/shotgun mags that are totally banned for residents of Boston.

He and Bloomberg cut from the same cloth. Up to them, having a firearm would be a capital offense. But a 17 year old crack addict with 4 children...... well that's his voting base, so "What can we do for you?"

So, no AR-15's are allowed to be owned in the city of Boston?

Tell me, when was there ever a crime committed with an AR-15 in Boston? Has there ever been even one?

clearly someone has never seen "the town", renner was rocking a HK416 and ben affleck (or maybe he had the 416--either way, ONE of them did, the other had an ****AK****) flinches like a little bitch when pulling a trigger.

Wrinkle me this... My xD45 came with 13 rounders when I bought it out of state. Then I moved here. Since the xD is a post-ban manufactured gun, the mags are also post-ban by default. 1) Legal? 2) Legal in Boston?

ETA: Yes, I have a Class "A" unrestricted. No, I do not live in Boston. Also, for the record, said 13 round mags are back in AZ, where I bought the gun in the first place. Once I learned how "progressive" MA is, I shipped them back to a friend that still lives there. Once a year when I visit, I get to use the gun the way it was intended:) I was just hoping after reading this thread that there was hope... Guess I need to break down and buy a Glock or Sig... Although since my EDC is a Kahr k40 that only holds 6+1, even 10 is am improvement...

Last edited:

Tell me, when was there ever a crime committed with an AR-15 in Boston? Has there ever been even one?

Since when did that have anything to do with it?

It's a laundry list of "evil looking guns" that Boston banned back in 1989.

Around 2003 or so, I had a guy run past me on Hanover St in the North End with an AK-style rifle after robbing a bank. I remember there was a recent case of BPD chasing after a guy in Dorchester who fired a few wild shots at them with an AR.

It's well known they're not exactly the gun of choice for criminals though.

now that Im re-embracing polymers, I again have high capacity options. question for you out there with glocks, sigs etc - do you carry the high caps or do you stick with the 10 round mags - a friend of mine said that I should keep the hi caps because they go up in value.

This is like the people that "save" the factory floor mats with their cars. I don't get it. The whole point of getting normal mags is to use them.

I won't ever carry a cripplemag in a defense gun. Ever. Native capacity only.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Unless prohibited my some moonbat fool hardiness (Like Boston No Hi-Caps)

Boston does not ban LCAFDs.

-Mike

I am not a lawyer, but would consider myself a reasonable man and the law says that individuals cannot possess/own/transport/etc hi-cap rifles or shotguns without a license granted by the commissioner. If a Boston resident has his license from Boston and it is a Class A LTC, I would believe he has the granted license needed to abide by the law, right?

I am not a lawyer, but would consider myself a reasonable man and the law says that individuals cannot possess/own/transport/etc hi-cap rifles or shotguns without a license granted by the commissioner. If a Boston resident has his license from Boston and it is a Class A LTC, I would believe he has the granted license needed to abide by the law, right?

Wrong!

When the Boston Ban was passed into law, it required Boston Residents to obtain ANOTHER license (in addition to their LTC or FID-back then). It was an "Assault Weapons License" and there was only a window of ~90 days by law to obtain it (nobody moving in after that could obtain one). According to Rob Boudrie (search for a prior post of his) the actual applications were only available for a very short time and only 100 or so people obtained them.

[pics]

(change to "post" [laugh])

G20 15 rd U notch pre-ban with Arredondo 5 rd extension (I have 2 of these):

G20_Mag1.jpg G20_Mag2.jpg

I also put a couple of these extensions on a pair of G22 pre-bans for 20 rds of .40SW on tap (per mag). I'll bring both to the the next NES shoot in SE MA....along with tons of ammo... [smile]

Last edited:
I agree with Mike where possible, as i have not gotten alot of prebans, however. 13 rounds in my g30 ! or 10 rounder with the 13 round for backup mag.

G19 with 15+1 rounds and a spare 17 round (G17) magazine...should I ever need more than 16 rounds I won't care that the magazine is a bit too long for my pistol but have an extra 2 rounds.

LenS:2390108 said:

Wrong!

When the Boston Ban was passed into law, it required Boston Residents to obtain ANOTHER license (in addition to their LTC or FID-back then). It was an "Assault Weapons License" and there was only a window of ~90 days by law to obtain it (nobody moving in after that could obtain one). According to Rob Boudrie (search for a prior post of his) the actual applications were only available for a very short time and only 100 or so people obtained them.

I just think a good attorney would be able to show that the reasonable man wouldn't read the law that way. I also don't see how a City can discriminate against one group of people, Boston Residents, and not others, in a law.

I just think a good attorney would be able to show that the reasonable man wouldn't read the law that way. I also don't see how a City can discriminate against one group of people, Boston Residents, and not others, in a law.

Some people are more equal than others.

CLEOS in red towns appear to do it all the time with no issue.

Threads like this is why America is ****ed. Seriously people, it's a ****ing piece of plastic and metal that just so happens to have it's own amendment to the US Constitution. Who gives a shit what Boston has to say on the topic? If you ever have to use your gun for self defense the AWB is the last thing you'll need to worry about.

Who gives a shit what Boston has to say on the topic?

Someone like me who lives right next to Boston (Winthrop) and has to drive through Boston to get anywhere, the thought of being pulled over in Boston with a Hicap or AW makes me very nervous. Even though LenS swears that the law only applies to Boston residents, I have heard otherwise from Boston PD.

Someone like me who lives right next to Boston (Winthrop) and has to drive through Boston to get anywhere, the thought of being pulled over in Boston with a Hicap or AW makes me very nervous. Even though LenS swears that the law only applies to Boston residents, I have heard otherwise from Boston PD.

Don't go to police for legal advice.

Don't go to police for legal advice.

True, but don't forget....you won't convince an officer to change his interpretation of a law on the side of the road. If you get caught with an AR, and the PO thinks its illegal....guess who wins the first round of that fight?

While cops may not give sound legal advice, knowing their attitudes/interpretations CAN help you avoid unnecessary trouble.

Back
Top Bottom