• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

hi all

well, I've been lurking long enough. It's time to say 'hello". I started Prepping about 3 years ago, mostly supermarket canned food storage and chickens in the back yard kind of stuff. More Mother Earth than Survival Blog really, but than my husband surprised me and more than jumped onboard. We went from never handling a gun to him coaching at the club, laying hens are now a dual breed flock, huge garden and honeybees. Our family has never been closer, one daughter does marksmanship, two other kids are ranked archers and I kinda like that dates have turned into trips to shoot skeet. So I hope to chime in every now and then, and maybe having like-minded people around will get me to finally get my license!

Welcome aboard. Often times in the for sale section people will knock off at least 20 bucks for being green. It supports the site and also gets you access to group buys!

For me the membership has paid for its self 10 fold.

I'll look into going green, what are the benefits?

-often lower prices in the classified section offered to green members

-a friendly heads up for deals, ammo/gear availability in the members only section

-group buys

-and last but not least, youre supporting the cause. This sites a gold mine of all kinds of info, not just gun-related. Doesnt hurt to throw a couple of bucks back into it.

Welcome to the club... :)

He did not get all those guns to protect himself from the bees, did he? .22 rifle is a must, shotgun, .308, and a AK ... must haves for any prepper.

Looks like your a stating-put prepper. Any mobility plans? And water plans?

Boy you can go crazy prepping.

Go green and once you do you will never second guess the decision [smile]

Yes she will! Once she realizes how much she's spent on group buys! Welcome and whatever you do, do not let these jokers talk you into getting your C&R FFL. It's dirt easy to do and before you know it you'll be destroying your checkbook. Oh and needing a bigger safe. Don't say I didn't warn you!!!

[laugh][wink]

thanks all- I think I will go green, if just to support the site, cause hubby's on a no new gun rule until christmas so no group buys. although he claims he "needs" an M1 Garand :) I want a hand pump for the well myself, generator only lasts so long, so it looks like yet another really weird xmas tree. Last year I couldn't share videos with family cause they would think we were nuts to be giving superpails of hard wheat and beans and popcorn. never mind the bows and knives and guns, oh my!
My garden was so-so this year so not a lot of produced canned, we are going to try canning meat, I am thinking taco and stew. I know someone on here is great at it so I will be using those threads.
And Davidmcbeth,we are mostly bugging in, but right now I am at our escape if all hell breaks loose place up in Maine. not perfect, but who can afford perfect? point well, only one months food, but VERY like minded neighbors. When Fukishimo happened our newspaper showed we were within 75 miles of 4 nuke plants and that scared the bejesus out of me. Anyway, thanks for all the hellos.

No one mentioned The "Karma" threads. There's a sub-forum in the members section. People give away some really cool stuff, if you're lucky enough to be chosen.

thanks all- I think I will go green, if just to support the site, cause hubby's on a no new gun rule until christmas so no group buys. although he claims he "needs" an M1 Garand :) I want a hand pump for the well myself, generator only lasts so long, so it looks like yet another really weird xmas tree. Last year I couldn't share videos with family cause they would think we were nuts to be giving superpails of hard wheat and beans and popcorn. never mind the bows and knives and guns, oh my!
My garden was so-so this year so not a lot of produced canned, we are going to try canning meat, I am thinking taco and stew. I know someone on here is great at it so I will be using those threads.
And Davidmcbeth,we are mostly bugging in, but right now I am at our escape if all hell breaks loose place up in Maine. not perfect, but who can afford perfect? point well, only one months food, but VERY like minded neighbors. When Fukishimo happened our newspaper showed we were within 75 miles of 4 nuke plants and that scared the bejesus out of me. Anyway, thanks for all the hellos.

Comgrats on going "green"
& follow the Twigg...
I went to the last canning class and plan on hitting the next as a refresher. DO It!! [wink] Lots of good info!!

Welcome. We have been canning and freezing vegies from the garden. We have been into prepping for quite awhile. There is alot of good info around. Feel free to ask questions if you can't find your answers.

Order CMP Garand now. May be here for Xmass! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom