Hey Guys... Price Check help on a Springfield Armory SAR-8!

Hanwei

NES Member
So I stumbled upon a Springfield Armory SAR-8 (new version) HK91 clone in .308. Cast aluminum receiver with integrated Weaver rail. Pistol grip, slim forearm, green furniture. Introduced 1999. Great condition.

Price is ~$1200 and change. Is that a good price? Bad price? ... and, fyi, this is a price check for a MASS sale.

I know nothing about these... so please forgive my ignorance. I guess I just want to know if it's a steal or just another run-of-the-mill deal.

Thanks!

Hanwei

That's a solid price but not great, IMO. The clones run from 800ish-1400ish depending on options and make.

Don't know if this will help or not but the question is: Are you comfortable paying that price? This statement is made on the belief that the rifle is in good shape and you have the money to pay for it. Yes, the PTR clones go for less and for the most part are good guns. Maybe try to offer a little less cash and see if they bite on it.

JOe R.

The cast SAR-8's have issues. I'd hold off on the purchase until we have a small disscussion by PM, or by phone. I have a SAR-8.

I have many Springfield armory firearms, and would hate to bad mouth them over the net, as they have been wonderful to me... customer service included!

My .02.... if it's not a preban, then why not just buy a PTR-91 and
pocket the extra cash?

If one wants to "pay more" for an HK91 you might as well just buy
a real HK91, then at least you can put evil stuff on it if you want
to. [laugh]

-Mike

If one wants to "pay more" for an HK91 you might as well just buy
a real HK91, then at least you can put evil stuff on it if you want
to. [laugh]

-Mike

+1 I have been trying to pry my boss's HK91 from his hands for about 3 years now... I will not buy one as I feel eventually he will give in and maybe give it to me for a "bonus". Alas not this year though :(

Collector's has a PTR91 used for $950.

I read an article in Guns & Ammo Combat Tactics saying the PTR's are better then the originals.

The cast SAR-8's have issues. I'd hold off on the purchase until we have a small disscussion by PM, or by phone. I have a SAR-8.

I have many Springfield armory firearms, and would hate to bad mouth them over the net, as they have been wonderful to me... customer service included!

If I plan on picking one up I will certainly drop you a pm. I appreciate it.

But seeing as this particular SAR-8 is nothing special... I'm going to pass and do a lot of research. I'm always one to research and to know what I'm buying.

Only thing, this time around, was that I had never seen one of these in a MA store before so I wasn't sure if this was a steal or not... hence my asking you guys [smile]

Try and steer clear of the cast rec. models. They are good guns and have good customer service but the better model would be the one with the sheet metal rec.

Also, the PTR 91's are fantastic guns and actually more accurate than the HK91 rifles!

Back
Top Bottom