Here we go again: Maine’s Susan Collins unveils a gun control bill

Putting people on a list won't fix that. They are .gov so incompetence is inherent to their nature.

The problem is the Republicans are taking the cheese on this one and by entertaining this crap, they are basically saying that they don't believe Islamic terror and our open borders policies are AT ALL to blame for this but gunz are the cause!?

WTF?! And the NRA is going to back this?

What about 5A? Due Process? Hello. Anybody home up there? Bueller? Bueller?

This is the same thing that happens year after year with politicians that are "at risk" for re-election because of their squishy voting records........they go full retard and try to out progressive the progressives and in doing so completely and totally alienate the people who got them elected in the first place......and in doing so they lose the support and enthusiasm of their base/core supporters

Ayotte doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of being re-elected

This time of year everything that happens on the hill is grandstanding for the election. Even more so than normal.

http://files.ctctcdn.com/0192eb9a001/33ca8c52-13b8-4d0e-b050-a60f5391f7bc.pdf

This guy gets it.

Where guns are illegal, terrorists nevertheless manage to get a hold of them. When a
person decides to commit multiple counts of pre-meditated murder, followed by suicide, statutes
banning the possession of certain weapons don’t act as much of a deterrent. The common theme
of these attacks is not lax gun laws; it is the repeated radicalization of a small number of
Muslims by ISIS, Al Qaeda, and other organizations like them that have declared a religious war
on the United States and its allies. The solution to Orlando, San Bernadino, Paris, Mumbai, and
scores of other attacks across the world is not banning scary-looking guns. It’s figuring out how
to shut down these terror networks and their hateful propaganda.

Backed by a group of both Republicans and Democrats, Maine Sen. Susan Collins unveiled legislation Tuesday to prevent terrorists from obtaining guns. And backers say the bill has an actual chance of garnering the 60-vote majority required to pass in the Senate.

https://www.boston.com/news/politic...ch-she-thinks-can-actually-pass-in-the-senate

We don't need any more gun control !! What we need is for the f*****g F.B.I. to start doing their jobs !!! Giving the government the right to take your guns because you are on one of their lists is insane. So now all the government will have to do is just put you on their no fly list and then you can say goodbye to all your guns. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I'm not for nor will ever be for any law that purposely infringes on the rights of innocent Americans. And even further against any laws that circumvent due process.
This^^^ IDGAF who winds up with guns. As far as I'm concerned anyone who is not currently incarcerated should be able to buy a gun at any time. I will never support restrictions of any type.

you show that license in line at the airport and the only line you'll go to the front of is for a cavity search. lol
When I still lived in Tennessee, I flew to NYC for a week and managed to lose my license while I was there. The only government ID I had left with me was my CCW permit. I gently explained to the ticketing agent at Laguardia that this was the only ID I had as I handed her the permit. She took that really calmly....."DO you have a GUN???????" I was expecting to wind up with a cop kneeling on my neck at that point. And yes, I did get "randomly" selected for extra screening.

Its very near time to start putting these lawless phucking tyrant bastards in their graves.

The problem is the Republicans are taking the cheese on this one and by entertaining this crap, they are basically saying that they don't believe Islamic terror and our open borders policies are AT ALL to blame for this but gunz are the cause!?

WTF?! And the NRA is going to back this?

What about 5A? Due Process? Hello. Anybody home up there? Bueller? Bueller?

According to a news report down here, the NRA has called this proposed bill "UNconstitutional."

If we have non US citizens in this country on the no fly list they should get one last plane ride OUT OF THE COUNTRY.
Since our lovely "gov" has declared our returning soldiers a large threat to the US I wonder who will be first on the no fly or terror watch lists.
ohh how about all those who believe in the constitution. or those bitter clingers clinging onto their bibles.... omit islam they dont count.
WTF
Wont be long the way things are going that just posting on forums will get you on a watch list....well except muslims they will be protected.

The Dems are doing a sit in the HoR. Funny these guys all get their panties in a bunch to infringe on a Constituional / God-Given Right, but when the SCotUS decides the 4th evaporates if something is found - they do nothing.

Support?

She's a ****ing co sponsor of the bill!!!!!

Any minute now one of the NES apologists will be along to tell us that Ayotte, Goober Graham and Collins are "Real Conservatives".........despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.....

Heave Ho Ayotte......the primary is right around the corner

I thought she was a cosponsor but I didn't say that because I wasnt sure and didn't want to report inaccurate information.

Its very near time to start putting these lawless phucking tyrant bastards in their graves.

I don't even want to click the link to get a gulp of whatever insanity they peddle. I'm tired of this bullshit. If they want communism, let's raise the red banner over the ****ing white house already.

If this thing gets passed and signed into law, it then becomes the cudgel to support a host of other infringements. Next, we absolutely have to have expanded background checks since "No Fly, No Buy" only applies to purchases where a background check is required.

Next, we need a national firearm owners registry since there is limited value in restricting only new firearms purchases. We need to know what firearms people already own so that they can be confiscated from people who end up on the list.

We saw how easy it was for the IRS to use an "enemies of the government list" to harass law abiding conservatives. Why should we think this would be any different? what secret criteria will get added for putting you on the list? Be the subject of x number of NICS checks within x number of months and you go on the list since only a terrorist in the making would purchase so many guns?

What happens if a large number of innocents are added to the list and have to appeal denials? The devil will be in the details implementing the law. The bill's language requires a decision from the appeals court within 14 days. Since the courts are busy, could appeal hearing take six months or more to get scheduled? If you are denied and then win on appeal, are you removed from the list? Can you be put right back on again? Shouldn't there be another layer of protection, say if you win an appeal should the gov have to provide evidence to a court to put you back on the list?

It would not be difficult at all for the gov to use this as a tool to harass innocent gun owners and create an appeal hearing backlog that makes it take forever to get your hearing.

you show that license in line at the airport and the only line you'll go to the front of is for a cavity search. lol

While going through airport security at Logan once I asked a TSA guy whether they consider an MA LTC to be an adequate form of ID. His response was that they consider an MA LTC to be the "gold standard" of government ID's and when they see one they know they have nothing to worry about because the standard for an MA LTC is so much higher than anything they can hope for from existing systems.

While going through airport security at Logan once I asked a TSA guy whether they consider an MA LTC to be an adequate form of ID. His response was that they consider an MA LTC to be the "gold standard" of government ID's and when they see one they know they have nothing to worry about because the standard for an MA LTC is so much higher than anything they can hope for from existing systems.

holy shit, a talking TSA agent!!! The ones I met just make "hodor" sounds and drool.

This is then followed by a "random" full cavity search. On camera. For the children.

Back
Top Bottom